For Learn and YLC, activities include numbers and word "clubs," Drop Everything And Read (DEAR) time, hands-on exploration of science, technology and the arts, and field trips throughout the Boston area. Breakfast, lunch, and snack are provided for all youth participating in our programs.
The B-SAFE JCIT Program activities include leadership training, work experience, and cultural and enrichment field trips throughout the Boston area. Breakfast, lunch, and snack are provided.
The final week of B-SAFE YLC and JCIT program dates, Monday August 5th-Thursday August 8th, we take all YLC and JCIT participants (Grades 6-9) to overnight camp at the Barbara C. Harris Camp in New Hampshire. Participation in this overnight camp is required.
We expect all students to participate EVERY DAY FOR ALL FIVE WEEKS. If your family is going on vacation during program dates (Monday, July 8-Thursday, August 8), this is NOT the right program for you.
● YLC (Grades 6-8) St. Stephen's- 419 Shawmut Avenue, South End, 8:30am-4:00pm Epiphany School- 154 Centre Street, Dorchester, 8:30am-4:00pm St. Luke’s/San Lucas Episcopal Church- 201 Washington Avenue, Chelsea, 8:30am-4:00pm
● JCIT (Grade 9) Church of St. Augustine & St. Martin, 31 Lenox Street, Roxbury, 8:30am-4:00pm Epiphany School, 154 Centre Street, Dorchester, 8:30am-4:00pm
● YLC (Grades 6-8)There are two levels of costs:-If your family qualifies for MassHealth, the federal free lunch program, SNAP, WIC, public housing or another form of public assistance, the program fee for the summer is $165.00.-If your family does not qualify for any public assistance programs, the program fee is $700.00-Partial camperships are available if your family cannot afford the full fee. Forms available.
● JCIT (Grade 9)There is no cost to the JCIT program. If a JCIT completes the full summer program, they will receive a $300 stipend in recognition of their learning and effort.
1) Fill out this online application. We can also help you apply in person at 419 Shawmut Ave. from Monday-Friday 9am-11am and 4pm to 6pm.
2) Submit additional documents by:a) Scanning and uploading them in this online application.b) Mailing them (with child's name written clearly on documents) toB-SAFE c/o St. Stephen’s Episcopal Church419 Shawmut AvenueBoston, MA 02118c) Bringing them in person to 419 Shawmut Ave. from Monday-Friday, 9am-11am and 4pm-6pmd) Scanning and emailing them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put the child's name in the email subject line (eg. Jane Doe - Immunizations B-SAFE 2019). We do not accept faxes.
3) Submit payment. You can pay with a check or money order (put child's name in the memo line), or online at http://www.ssypboston.org/tuition-payments/
Your child will not be registered until all of these steps are complete, and we cannot reserve spots before all documents and payment are submitted.
If you have further questions, email email@example.com or call 617-858-1087.