Iona Sports Club Coach/Manager Code of Conduct
Please forward questions to
As a coach I will:
- Remember that young people participate for pleasure and winning is only part of the fun
- Never ridicule or yell at a young player for making a mistake or not winning
- Be reasonable in your demands on players time, energy and enthusiasm
- Operate within the rules and spirit of the game and teach your players to do the same
- Ensure that the time the players spend with you is a positive experience. All young people are deserving of equal attention and opportunities
- Avoid overplaying the talented players; the 'just average' need and deserve equal time
- Ensure that equipment and facilities meet safety standards and are appropriate to the age and ability of all players
- Display control, respect and professionalism to all involved in the sport. This includes opponents, coaches, officials, administrators, the media, parents and spectators. Encourage the players to do the same
- Show concern and caution towards sick and injured players. Follow the advice of a physician when determining whether an injured player is ready to recommence training or competition
- Obtain appropriate qualifications to keep up to date with the latest coaching practices and the principles of growth and development of young people
- Any physical contact with a young person should be appropriate to the situation and necessary for the players' skill development
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of every young person regardless of their gender, ability, cultural background or religion
- I will provide my WWC (Working With Children Check) and any details that are required in my role to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all children
I agree to the above statements
I understand that if I do not follow the Iona Sports Club code of conduct my position as a coach may be relinquished by the club committee or competition administrator.
I agree to the above statement
Please provide your WWC number
Please provide your date of birth for verification purposes
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of St Columba Anglican School.