SIREMS Taser Barb Removal Quiz
After completing the Taser Barb education module, complete the following quiz to prove competency and obtain continuing education credit. A score of 100% is required in order to receive credit.
Which SIREMS service do you work for?
1. If you are called by law enforcement for taser probe removal and find one of the probes in the back of the neck, you should ________________.
Ask the police officer to remove the probe
Stabilize the surrounding skin and remove the probe
Leave in place and treat as an impaled object
Contact Medical Control
2. What should be done with the wires connected to the taser probes?
Cut the wires with trauma shears before removing the probes
Use the wires to pull the probes out of the patient
Hand the wires to the patient and allow them to pull the probes out themselves
None of the above
3. What should be done with the probes removed from the patient?
Place in an approved sharps container
Return to the police officer
Transport the probes to the ED, so a physician can verify the probes are intact
Place in a brown paper bag and label as evidence
4. Which of the following is NOT a location where taser probe removal would be contraindicated?
Probe near a large artery, vein, or signs of vascular damage
Probe imbedded in bone
Probe located above the clavicles
Probe located in the vastus lateralis muscle
5. What wound treatment is appropriate after the taser probe removal?
Cleanse the wound with an antiseptic wipe and apply band-aid
Irrigate with saline and apply a moist dressing
Pack the wounds with small strips cut from 4x4 gauze
Leave the wounds alone to prevent the introduction of bacteria
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service