19-20 HS BYOAD Enrollment Form
Note: This form does not need filled out if you signed up for BYOAD during online registration or if your child will be using a school-issued MacBook.
The Bring Your Own Apple Device program is an optional program offered to any student attending Garrett-Keyser-Butler CSD during the 2019-20 school year. The BYOAD program will replace the school issued device (11” MacBook Air) for those who choose to enroll.
• Parents have the following options in regards to obtaining the required technology device for their student:
o Choose to pay the full textbook rental fee and the student will be given a school issued device.
o Enroll your student in the BYOAD program following the provisions below.
Garrett High School Grades 9-12
Provisions for acceptance into the BYOAD program:
• Parents interested in purchasing a device and participating in the BYOAD Program will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
• Garrett-Keyser-Butler CSD installs various software on the machines that students need to successfully complete course work.
o Parents/Students are responsible to purchase/install software that is needed to complete the course on a BYOAD device.
• *Acceptable devices for any student grades 9-12 will include:
o MacBook Pro – 2010 or later models
o MacBook – Late 2009 or later models
o MacBook Air – 2012 or later models
• If you were enrolled in the Garrett-Keyser-Butler CSD Bring Your Own Apple Device Program in the past, you must re-enroll for the 2019-2020 school year.
Guidelines for participating in the program:
1. Parents interested in participating in the program should enroll before August 1, 2019 for the 2019-2020 school year by one of the following methods:
• Complete the section of the 2019-2020 school year online student registration stating you would like to enroll your child into the BYOAD program.
• Complete the online form on the GKB Website under the Parents/Students link under Technology at which will also be available in the spring of 2019.
o Enrollment will not be accepted on August 1, 2019 or after, unless the student is new to the district during the school year
2. Parents acquire an acceptable device (listed above).
a. *Device shall stay in good working order throughout the duration of the school year in regards to performance and software updates
3. Parents agree to allow the GKB Management Application software to be installed on the personal device.
4. The Textbook Rental fees owed for the 2019-2020 school year will not include the rental cost of the MacBook Air (9-12 - $175.00) for students participating in the program. The remaining fees will apply.
5. Parents are responsible for upkeep of the device and should seek repairs to damaged equipment at the store where the equipment was purchased or 3rd Party Repair Shops.
a. School district personnel are not permitted to work on hardware issues of personal devices.
6. Parents are encouraged to provide a protective cover for the device.
7. Parents understand that for any reason if students are unable to bring the device to school, they must rent a school owned device and are obligated to pay $1.00 fee a day. An invoice will be created and mailed to parents for the rental fee.
8. If you have questions regarding the acceptable device, or software on the device, contact Grant Surfus, Technology Director, at 260-357-7040.
By enrolling into the BYOAD program, parents agree to the following:
• The terms and conditions stated above in the Bring Your Own Apple Device Program offered by Garrett-Keyser-Butler CSD for the 2019-2020 school year.
• The district’s Student Education Technology Acceptable Use and Safety Policy as presented and signed off on during online registration.
• Garrett-Keyser-Butler CSD does not accept any liability of the parent owned device.
Upon acceptance into the BYOAD program, the school will notify parents.
Student Last Name:
Student First Name
Select the Grade the student listed above will be in during the 2019-20 School Year:
Select the Device the student listed above will bring for the 2019-20 School Year:
Please see Description above for list of acceptable devices for each grade level.
MacBook Pro – 2010 or later model
MacBook – Late 2009 or later model
MacBook Air – 2012 or later model
By typing my name in the box, I am acknowledging this as my signature.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Garrett-Keyser-Butler CSD.