SPARC Student Action Grant Application
Want to see some changes in Sun Prairie?
We want to help YOU BE THE CHANGE you wish to see in our community.
Apply today for a SPARC STUDENT ACTION grant and get up to $500 to make it happen!
WHO: All students in Sun Prairie Area School District grades 8-12
WHEN: Deadline for fall applications is October 31, 2017. Grants will be awarded by December 1.
*** Deadline for spring applications is February 28. Grants will be awarded by April 1. ***
WHAT: GRANTS (cash awards you don’t pay back) of up to $500 will be awarded to student groups or organizations starting or continuing projects that identify and find solutions for challenges impacting our community and/or schools. Priority will be given to projects that address poverty and hunger, racial and social justice, the environment, public education advocacy, civic engagement, voter registration, and other service projects that benefit and build the Sun Prairie community.
You could use these funds to…
• Start a club or student organization that fills a need in your school
• Bring in a speaker or hold a workshop on a topic that benefits students
• Start a project that meets a need in the community
• Hold a training that would help empower others
• Find a solution to an existing problem (like starting a food pantry in the school)
Get creative! Use what YOU know to find solutions that work for all of us!
HOW: Just complete the application form, get approval from a faculty advisor, and submit your application to
(or mail to Heather DuBois Bourenane at 681 Broadway Drive, Sun Prairie, WI 53590) by Feb. 28! If you’re approved, you’ll submit regular reports on your progress and have access to support from our team of experienced community organizers. You can download a pdf at
or complete the application online at
Some finer print:
• Grants cannot be used for partisan political projects or projects intended for personal financial gain.
• If the proposal is to start a new club or group, the group must have a designated faculty advisor and follow all Sun Prairie Area School District regulations for clubs. The advisor must sign the application.
• If the application is not associated with a new or existing club or student organization, the proposal should be signed by a faculty member willing to supervise the project. Please include the staff member’s name, email, and phone number on the application.
• Challenge yourself to take on big issues and think of creative solutions or opportunities for impact!
If you have any questions about the SPARC Student Action Grants, please contact Heather DuBois Bourenane at (608) 572-1696 or
SPARC Local Action Fund is the charitable arm of the Sun Prairie Action Resource Coalition. We are a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization supporting the Sun Prairie community.
All projects must be in accordance with 501(c)(3) law and must support the community good. Funds cannot be used for any partisan purpose including the support of specific candidates or political parties
Title of project
Goal of project
Description of the problem or issue to be solved
Detailed description of the solution/idea/project proposed including plans for simplementation.
NOTE: If this is a proposal is to bring in a speaker or outside guest, appropriate permissions must be obtained from your school’s principal or your faculty advisor. Please include a bio and information on the presentation planned with your application. If your total costs are more than the grant amount, please also include a description of how the rest of the funds will be raised.
Please include documentation of estimates for materials, etc (if available) with your application. These can be emailed to
Grant amount requested
Cannot exceed $500
Name of Team
Sun Prairie High School
Cardinal Heights Upper Middle School
Prairie Phoenix Academy/Main Street Community School
Number of people on team (currently)
Number of people needed to complete the project
Include NAME, EMAIL and PHONE for all team members who will be participating in leading this project.
TIMELINE OF EVENTS
Estimated goals and deadlines; Include actual or tentative EVENT/ACTION, LOCATION, and DATE. Include the date/s by which you hope to complete the project, hold your event, schedule meetings, etc. if known.
Do you anticipate this project continuing beyond your final deadline or event?
not sure at this time
By completing this section, you are confirming the commitment of student and staff leaders to this project, and agreeing to use any grant money to meet the goals outlined above, and to submit regular updates and a final report of your project.
Signed by [Student leader/s]
Signed by [Faculty/staff advisor]
Staff advisor contact info
Include PHONE and EMAIL address
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service