The poster session will occur Thursday, July 17, 2014 from 8:30-9:30 AM. Each participant is expected to be present at their poster to answer questions during this time. Posters can be put up any time prior to Thursday morning.
Two categories of posters exist:
• Student: Open to current and recent graduates, Winter 2013 or Spring 2014. A prize will be awarded in an undergraduate and graduate category. Judging will occur during the poster session on Thursday morning. If necessary, the student category will be broken into scientific and design subgroups.
• Educational: Open to working professionals, hobbyists, educational groups, or botanical institutions who would like to display information about their professional work or educational commitment.
Proposals will be reviewed and selected based upon the following criteria:
• Unique, cutting edge or timely subjects
• Anticipated attendee interest in the subject matter
• Appropriateness for the conference. This is general audience, not an academic conference.
Posters sizes should be either 42 x 48 inches, or 42 x 52 inches. Presenters will need to supply backing support (poster board, cardboard, etc) for their posters and should bring some hanging supplies with them (clips, tape, etc). Limited hanging supplies are available. Easels will be provided. Tri-fold posters are acceptable.
Here is a good website to visit on creating posters: http://www.ncsu.edu/project/posters
Your complete proposal must be received by the deadline for review and consideration by the Scholarship Committee.
The Scholarship Committee will review proposals and make preliminary proposal selections. An acknowledgement will be sent to confirm the status of your proposal in mid-late June.
Please submit your proposals via this electronic form.