We are a 501(c)(3) Pennsylvania nonprofit based in Pittsburgh, PA, and we serve Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Butler, Washington and Westmoreland county schools where at least 70% of the students are enrolled in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP).
Please thoughtfully complete the following application to be considered for the upcoming year's School and Classroom Supplies Initiative, which would give all eligible teachers in your school the chance to choose core school supplies from our Teacher Resource Center at no cost.
In addition to this form, your Principal Authorization Form must be reviewed, approved, signed and emailed to Jane McCarty at Jane@TheEducationPartnership.org. The full support and cooperation of your school's leadership is a key factor to success as a partner school.
• Teachers have access to an online portal to register and make their own appointments to pick up supplies at no charge several times throughout the school year.
• Full participation in our program is without cost or fees of any kind to the school, the teachers, or students or families; The Education Partnership is a 100% donor-funded philanthropic organization
• During each visit to our Teacher Resource Center, registered teachers shop for what they need for their classroom. The value of goods per teacher can exceed $400 in essential classroom supplies, from pencils and markers to notebooks, calculators, glue sticks and more
• Additional items like arts & craft supplies, UPcycled office supplies and equipment will be made available to our Partner Schools through The Education Partnership's new Creative Corner. Other items like office furniture will be offered as they become available
• Partner is a word that means one who shares. We are proud to have this word in our name because it epitomizes the ethic of care and responsibility for students that we share with you
• Overall support and encouragement by our dedicated and passionate team!
• Have 70% or more of the student population qualify for free/reduced lunch through the National School Lunch Program (NSLP)(Data based on 2015-2016school year NSLP percentage)
• Are located in Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Butler, Washington and Westmoreland counties
• Have been accepted as a Partner School of The Education Partnership
We welcome teachers to our Resource Center who:
• Are full-time, certified school teachers who provide direct classroom instruction to students on a regular basis (excludes teacher’s aides, department heads and coaches, nurses and other non-classroom staff)
NOTE: School administrators will need to provide verification of the teacher's qualifications as described above
• Applications open: Wednesday, March 1, 2017
• Applications close: Tuesday, March 28, 2017
• Signed Principal Authorization Form must emailed to Jane McCarty at Jane@TheEducationPartnership.org by Tuesday, March 28, 2017
• Schools with more than 1 location must complete a separate application for each location
NOTE: Application will only be submitted if ALL REQUIRED FIELDS are completed.
• The following criteria are critical to the selection process:Need (verified by NSLP% of student body), Enthusiasm, Willingness to maintain an engaging partnership with The Education Partnership, Quality and Completeness, Administrative Support
• Selected schools will be notified in May 2017 for the 2017-2018 School Year
• Should your school be selected, you will be invited to a celebratory and informative on-boarding event at The Education Partnership's Resource Center. Participation in this event from at least one representative from your school is mandatory! Reception will include a tour of the operations and a brief presentation by staff
The Education Partnership:
• Requires the partner school to nominate at least one teacher to participate in our Educator Advisory Council(EAC) to act as representative in the school who will help champion this opportunity, disseminate information to teachers and administrators and attend quarterly EAC Meetings
• Requires that at least 60% of the school's eligible teachers to participate in School and Classroom Supplies distributions in order to remain an active partner school
• Requires partner school teachers to provide student thank-you notes for supplies received
• Requires partner school to provide and update list of eligible teachers
• Encourages teachers to gather approximately 50% of supplies received for use by their students and 50% for their use in the classroom
• Is granted permission to use your school's name in press releases and public service announcements in relation to program participation as well as program participation data
• Commits to providing school and classroom supplies. We invite partner schools to provide volunteer time, ideally 60% of your school’s faculty will volunteer at least four rewarding hours per school year
• Encourages teachers to gather stories and examples of how the supplies are making a difference and/or having impact on teaching, the classroom and in the lives of the students. Please provide any testimonies, photos, videos or short stories that will strengthen fundraising efforts
Special Note: In your feedback, stories and examples of program benefits, please include only the student's first name and grade level
(Note: Do not use the Enter (Return) key when completing the application or the form may be submitted prior to completion).
2. Please email confirmation of NLSP % along with signed and dated Principal Authorization Form to Jane McCarty at Jane@TheEducationPartnership.org by March 28, 2017
1. Signed and dated Principal Authorization Form, which you can find here:
2. Verification of the % of Students Eligible for a Free/Reduced Lunch through the National School Lunch Program for the current 2015-2016 School Year. Examples of confirmation that could be provided are: Lunch Title I Eligibility Status, Low Income Status, Verification Summary Report or Lunch Programs Total Submit to Jane McCarty at Jane@TheEducationPartnership.org by March 28, 2017
NOTE: Copies of the completed application are not automatically generated. If you would like a permanent copy, please print or save a copy of this application for your records once form is complete.