This year, we will celebrate the 20th anniversary of the European Day of Languages (EDL) and the Language Interest Group (LIG) wants to make it special. AEGEE has organised hundreds of activities and events all over Europe to promote multilingualism, remove language barriers and celebrate language diversity during the last two decades.
The EDL is a project devoted to languages, multilingualism and language diversity, and it consists of a set of different events or activities organised by various antennae or European Bodies within the AEGEE Network. All these activities are coordinated by the EDL coordination team (EDLCT). This project lasts from September til December, with the most intense month being November. If you don't know yet what this is about, you can read more on our website and on the AEGEE Wiki: https://www.wg.aegee.org/lig/?page_id=155 https://www.oms.aegee.org/wiki/index.php?title=Language_Interest_Group
The main tasks of the EDLCT are the following:
- Revising the activity toolkit from last year and adding new ideas
- Informing the Network that the EDL is approaching (e.g. through Facebook, Agora Fair etc)
- Keeping track of the activities (e.g. spreadsheet - Excel)
- Posting the activities on our Facebook page
- Keeping active our Facebook group for the EDL
- Sending a survey to the network with the results of the EDL
- Writing an article about the AEGEE EDL 2020, which is going to be published in The AEGEEan
It’s a great chance to get actively involved in this awesome European Body, be part of an international team of AEGEEans and to work together with other motivated language lovers! Therefore, don't hesitate and submit this form.
If you have questions or doubts, you can contact the LIG moderating team at firstname.lastname@example.org