SAC 2021 Call for Artists -- Gallery Application
Applications are accepted through July 10th, 2020.
Selection Criteria for the City Hall Gallery
The Springfield Arts Commission manages Springfield’s City Hall Gallery. We welcome requests for exhibit of all visual arts. Our gallery is located in the Springfield City Hall Lobby, 225 Fifth St., Springfield, OR. The following are our selection criteria, gallery information and incoming loan agreement.
● Springfield Arts Commission (SAC) welcomes all applicants for consideration to the City Hall Gallery.
● SAC may select an Art Gallery Committee that will jury artwork before the exhibit is installed. Artists submitting on this form will be supplying examples of work and application to be reviewed by the Art Gallery Committee, SAC, and SAC staff. Artists must answer all questions to the best of their ability.
● SAC members will be subject to the same requirements as community members in exhibiting their work with these exceptions:
○ SAC members who submit work for consideration must publicly announce to SAC or the Art Gallery Committee that he or she has submitted work for consideration.
○ That member will not be allowed to take part in the selection process.
● Work that is deemed too fragile or unsafe for display will not be accepted.
● One criterion for determining the acceptability of art will be its space requirements or size.
○ Suggested minimum size is 16”x20”, though considerations may be made.
○ Suggested maximum weight is 15 lbs, though considerations may be made.
● All pieces must be appropriately and securely framed and mounted for display.
● Each of the works of art need to be accompanied by an information tag with title, artist, price (if for sale), and medium (if necessary).
● SAC is prohibited from displaying pornographic or obscene material pursuant to ORS 167.087.
● SAC will be responsible for determining the quality and merits of the art. The commission reserves the right to refuse any art.
● The artist is required to sign an “Incoming Loan Agreement” (follow this link to review:
● All arrangements for scheduling the installation, exhibition, and removal of the show are at the discretion of SAC.
● The artist may choose to price their art and make it available for sale.
○ The artist must make arrangements for sales; contact information should be included in the artist’s biography and statement
○ If a piece is sold, a red dot will be placed by the piece to indicate the sale. The SAC prefers to leave pieces up for the duration of the contract. Artist may not remove any works of art without explicit and documented SAC permission.
● In the case it is unsafe for gatherings to take place at the time artist is approved to show, SAC will work with artist to find an alternative date to showcase their art.
We will be happy to work with you to see if your work can fit the requirements of our space. Please
contact us at (541) 726-2246 for more information.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service