The West End Food Festival is an annual event, geographically focused on Vancouver’s West End Neighbourhood. Since 2013, we’ve collaborated with community members and organizations to explore issues and concerns in our food system, build community and social inclusion, and to learn skills in food growing, preparation and preserving.
All events or workshops are free and open to the public, and led by individuals or organizations in the community. This year’s West End Food Festival takes place from September 21-26th, 2017.
See the full Schedule here: https://goo.gl/A6FtVN
West End Food Fest info: gordonhouse.org/news-events/west-end-food-festival/
• You cannot sign up for multiple workshops at the same time. To sign up for more than 1 type of workshop, fill this form out again.
• Once registration is full for a particular workshop, it will be removed from the list below.
• If you have trouble registering, visit or call the Gordon Neighbourhood House Front Desk (1019 Broughton St | 604-683-2554)
• Register for the Monday, Thursday and Tuesday Community Lunches at Gordon Neighbourhood House Front Desk
• Register for the West End Garden Club (Sept 24, 2:30-3:30PM) through the West End Community Centre (Online: https://goo.gl/QzHs28 | Call 604-257-8333 | In person at 870 Denman St)
• Register for the Winter Herb Gardening Workshop & Potluck (Sept 24, 1-2:30PM) through the West End Community Centre (Online: https://goo.gl/aAT32S | Call 604-257-8333 | In person at 870 Denman St)
SOLD OUT:Ready, Set, Pickle! (Sept 21 5:00-6:00PM)Ready, Set, Pickle! (Sept 21 6:45-7:45PM)Sauerkraut Workshop (Sept 22 6:00-8:00PM)Intro to Fermenting (Sept 23 10:00-11:30AM)Mason Jar Meal Prep (Sept 23 6:00-8:00PM)Beeswax Salves (Sept 24 10:30AM-12:00PM)Mason Jar Sprouts (Sept 24 1:00-2:30PM)Intro to Canning (Sept 25 6:30-9:30PM)Plant Walk (Sept 26 5:30-7:30PM)
PAST WORKSHOPS:Spice up Your Garden with Garlic (Sept 21 6:30-8:00PM)Waste NOT Workshop (Sept 22 6:00-8:00PM)Mindful Munching (Sept 23 2:00-4:00PM)Fare Kitchen Literacy Workshop (Sept 23 2:00-4:00PM)Seed Savers Club (Sept 23 4:00-5:30PM)Food Justice Workshop (Sept 24 3:00-5:00PM)