The Virginia Association of Journalism Teachers and Advisers will award one $750 grant to an adviser to apply towards their registration, travel, hotel and meals costs for attendance at the JEA Advisers Institute, being held in Las Vegas. More information about the Advisers Institute can be found at http://jea.org/home/news-events/advisers-institute/
VAJTA members who are interested in applying for this scholarship must apply by February 15.
All applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a current VAJTA member
- Must plan to advise a student media staff in the 2016-2017 school year
- Applications must be received by February 1, 2016.
The scholarship recipient must:
- Attend all four days of the Institute
- Complete three blog posts with pictures for the VAJTA website describing what they learned from specific sessions, networking experiences, and how they plan to implement tips/tricks/techniques into their classroom. Blog posts must be submitted by August 1, 2016.
- Be responsible for any expenses beyond the $750 grant.
- Submit registration, flight and hotel confirmation to Valerie Kibler either via email (email@example.com
) or mail printed copies to 1062 Dodson Road, Mount Jackson, VA 22842.