Church Leadership Survey
Hello Pastor, thank you so much for taking your time to take this survey of just 11 questions. It should just take a few minutes. The survey seeks to research the gender status in the Asian Pacific Islander (API) and Latinx congregations in Southern California. In partnership with Louisville Institute, and PAACCE (Pacific Asian American Canadian Christian Education), ISAAC (Innovative Space for Asian American Christianity) seeks to gather data on the status of Christianity in Southern California. We wish to receive the completed survey by November 30 2018. Your participation is very important in generating quantitative data on gender status among API and Latinx Christianity in Southern California. We deeply appreciate your time. If you want to enter in a raffle to win an Amazon gift card please enter your email address below.
1) Is your church congregation majority Asian American or Latino/a/x American?
2) What is your church denomination? If you’re at a non-denominational church, what denomination(s) or tradition would best represent your church core beliefs and practices?
3a) What percentage of your church attendance is men?
3b) What percentage of your church attendance is women?
4) Where do you stand in your beliefs/views on women leadership in the church? (Select all that apply)
Women can teach/lead minors (up to elementary school age & younger) or
Women can teach/lead minors (up to junior high school age & younger) or
Women can teach/lead minors (up to high school age & younger) or
Women can teach/lead minors (up to college age & younger).
Women can teach/lead female adults.
Women can lead committees that are “service or works” oriented that are not generally seen as “spiritual” in leadership (i.e., welcoming, hospitality, food preparation, event planning, etc.).
Women can teach &/or lead anyone on the mission field until a male leader is available to take over.
Women can teach &/or lead any adult in the church as long as there is a male authority over her.
Women can teach &/or lead any adult in the church but not her husband (not in her marriage).
Women can teach all adults.
Women can preach to all adults.
Women can teach, preach, & lead anyone of any age (just as men can).
5) What are the leadership positions that women in your church have actually held anytime within the last 3 years? (Select all that apply)
Children’s Director/Pastor (Elementary and younger)
Youth Group Director/Pastor (Jr. High-High School)
Education Dept. Director/Pastor
Young Adults Pastor
Creative Arts/Media Director/Pastor
Cell/Small Group Pastor
None of the above
6) What informs your understanding of women in leadership positions in your church? (Select all that apply)
Scripture (Your interpretation of scripture)
Your church tradition or policies
Your cultural/ethnic background
7) If you accept women being leaders at your church, but women only count for 0-30% of the pastoral staff, what are the factors for this disparity? (Select all that apply)
Senior leadership disagrees in some degree with women in leadership
Lack of available women leaders/pastors
Elders are against it
Congregation won't be open to it
N/A because question doesn’t apply to you
8) If you have an egalitarian view (gender equality in leadership), what do you do to support women in leadership in your church? (Select all that apply)
Use gender neutral language or language that includes women
Preach/teach about women in leadership
Have women lead/co-lead church committees/ministry teams
Invite women to preach at the Sunday pulpit
Have women leaders/pastors on staff
Actively search for women to fill leadership roles
Include women in various (big & small) decision making moments of the church
Encourage women to attend leadership seminars/conferences, go to seminary, etc.
Cultivate a culture of inclusion rather than having a “Boys Club” or an all-male “Inner Circle”
N/A because we don’t have women in leadership roles.
9) In regard to your theological education, please list your school attended, degree/certificate completed, year received (ex. California Seminary, Masters of Divinity, 1988). You may list more than one answer.
10) Who are your role models in your faith development? Name 3 pastors, theologians, others, or organizations.
11) What city & county is your church located in?
Bonus) If you want to enter the raffle to win an Amazon gift card please enter your email address here. All information will be kept confidential.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google. -
Terms of Service