FLAIR: A Pin, Patch and Zine Event - Vendor Application
FLAIR: A Pin, Patch and Zine Event
Saturday, June 27th 2020
The Boys and Girls Club of Stanton
11050 Cedar St, Stanton, CA 90680
- The Artist Lodge is a Pop-Up Artist Showcase presented by HumAlong Productions. Modeled after the Artist Alley at a Comic Book Convention, our goal is to give up-and-coming artists a friendly place to network and sell their work at a small venue before they move on to bigger conventions so that they can get a taste of what it’s like. We also like giving fans and art lovers who can’t afford to go to a convention an opportunity to meet some of the artists that they may follow online, or even to find someone entirely new to follow!
- The Artist Lodge is held a few times a year in Orange County. Besides the art vendors, the Artist Lodge also features a themed gallery curated by and comprised of local artists, food trucks, live music, raffles, cosplay/life drawing, a scavenger hunt, cosplayers, art workshops, and so much more!
- This application is ONLY for being CONSIDERED as a VENDOR at the Artist Lodge event. This is not the application for volunteering, joining the gallery, or curating a gallery.
- This application will act as your contract should you be chosen to vend at an event. We will send you a PDF copy of this contract for you to refer to if you're chosen. You will also receive an automatic “receipt” of your responses to this application.
- Artist Lodge events are juried shows, and we reserve the right to deny acceptance to any person that we feel does not fit in with the Artist Lodge environment, is against our moral or ethical code, does not reach the standard of artwork we are accepting, or does not follow the below policies.
- Unless stated otherwise, ALL SHOWS ARE FAMILY FRIENDLY, meaning that artists may not bring work featuring graphic imagery or nudity. If you have artwork featuring these things that you would like to sell at an event, please contact Marissa Suto directly to discuss. This show has a small exception, and we will be allowing some PG-13 and up works. But please keep in mind that we will not be turning people under 13 away, and there will be children at the event.
- If you have any questions or concerns about anything in this application, you must contact Marissa Suto (The Artist Lodge coordinator and curator) prior to submitting your application. Contact information can be found at the bottom of this application.
- By completing this application, you agree that you have read and fully understand this application, and that you will and are able to comply to all the terms listed herein. If you are concerned that for whatever reason you may not be able to adhere to these terms or may require special accommodations to adhere to these terms, you must contact us prior to submitting the application.
- Should the Artist Lodge decide that they would like to include you in a show, they will contact you via email at least 4-8 weeks in advance of the show. You may be contacted after this time frame if a confirmed artist drops out and a spot becomes available. Please make sure your email is one you check regularly; deadline exceptions will not be made for those that simply forget to check their mail. Please make sure your email is spelled correctly; if we should email you and your email bounces back because it is misspelled, we will not take the time to find your correct email and contact you. It is your responsibility to fill out the application correctly.
- After we send you an acceptance email, you will need to create and post a flyer for the show on three different verifiable social media platforms and send us the links to the posts. If you are accepted into the show, social media post templates and a copy of our logo will be sent to you. You can use these to create your flyers. After you post, and send us the links, you will be sent instructions for payment. Payments will officially reserve your spot for the show.
- The Boys and Girls Club of Stanton – 11050 Cedar Street, Stanton, CA 90680
- The space is a smoke and vape free environment. If you wish to smoke at the event, we ask that you cross the street and do so in another location, at least 200 yards away from the building entrance and the vendors. If you are caught smoking or vaping in the venue, you will be asked to leave and will not be allowed to participate in future Artist Lodge events.
- Restrooms are available on site.
- A Food for Less and a McDonald’s are 5-minutes away by foot in case you need food. There are vending machines on site should you not wish to leave the venue.
- You MAY NOT touch or use the pool tables and other games that are located in the location lobby. You MAY NOT touch or play with any of the items in the classroom unless you have direct permission from a Boys and Girls Club employee.
- You may not attach anything directly to the venue room walls. Please bring banner stands or grid panels to hang signs, merchandise, etc on.
- This event will happen rain or shine, refunds will not be issued in the event of inclement weather unless there is a high risk of danger.
- Electricity is available only to those that have wall booths. Cords will not be allowed across walk-ways even if they are taped down. Please bring an extension cord and power strip if you have a wall spot and need electricity. Please bring a back-up battery pack for your phone just in case outlets aren’t available.
- Vendors will be allowed to set up in the gymnasium. We can fit anywhere between 20-50 vendors in any show depending on our floor plan and if we are accommodating another gallery, live music, or event in the same room. Unless another room in the venue is being used for the event, the rest of the venue (minus the lobby and restrooms) are off limits to vendors.
- The venue does not have public WiFi. Please make sure that if you’re accepting credit cards, your phone can handle the transactions without WiFi, or that you bring your own hot spot for internet.
- We love this location and its management staff. We ask that you be mindful and respectful of the space and its owners so that we can continue having events at this venue. Anybody found damaging the property or disrespecting the staff in any capacity will not be invited back to our events. You will be monetarily responsible for any damage caused to the venue.
- Marissa Suto is the Coordinator and Creative Curator of the Artist Lodge events. She is your contact before, and at the event. She will likely be running around the event, and/or can be found at the HumAlong Productions booth if you need any information
- If you need to contact Marissa before the event, please do so by email:
- Vendors will receive Marissa’s phone number prior to any events they are participating in for use in emergencies. On the day of the event Marissa will only be available via phone call or text message.
- We accept only original art and hand-crafted original works of art and merchandise. YOU must have created the artwork that you are selling. Please do not bring merchandise that includes artwork or photographs that you have pulled off the internet. Unless you took the photograph/created the image, have proof of permission from the original artist, or have proof of public domain – you may not use images pulled from the internet in your work. This includes and is not limited to: buttons, signs, prints, etc of celebrities, pop-culture icons, film or television promotional images, or memes. If you are selling merchandise which includes artwork or imagery created by another artist, and have permission/have proof of public domain, then it is expected that you have expanded or transformed the artwork or imagery so that it is your own work of art and not a direct replication of the source imagery.
- We do not accept applications from companies like Avon, Lularoe, Origami Owl, etc. You may not sell products or imagery that you have purchased wholesale or in bulk from other creators or from websites like Alibaba or Wish. The only exceptions are websites like RedBubble and Society6 – and ONLY if you are the direct creator of the artwork on the merchandise. Bottom line: YOU must have created the artwork that you are selling.
- You, the creator, must be in attendance at the event. You may not have a friend or fellow creative bring your merchandise/artwork and sell it on your behalf unless you directly collaborated on creating the merchandise/artwork.
- Fan-art is allowed but must be in your own style. We have a zero-tolerance policy and will not accept work that is directly copied from another artist, or that is stolen from another artist. If we find that you have stolen from or directly copied another artist, we will ask you to pack and leave the event without a refund of your entry fee, and you will be blacklisted from any future Artist Lodge events, workshops, galleries, and sister-shows (Ground Zero Animation Expo and the Isle of Magic events).
- All Artist Lodge events are family-friendly shows. If you have any artwork or products that are not family friendly and are rated for ages 18+, you must keep them out of direct view, out of reach of children, and in a labeled box that only attendees of age can look through. However, please note that we DO NOT accept any art that is violently or explicitly graphic and sexual.
SELLER'S PERMIT/SALES TAX
- Legally, you will need a permit to sell your work. The Artist Lodge will not be collecting your seller's permit number, but as an artist professionally selling their work, you will need to have at least a temporary seller's permit for the night of the event. Should you choose to move on from the Artist Lodge to bigger events like conventions or craft fairs, you will be required to have a permit and you will be required to provide your permit number on your applications. We are not business advisors recommend that you research this information online for yourself to secure the proper permits and paperwork.
- Please use Marissa Suto as your contact on the application:
. If you need more contact information such as a phone number or address, please contact Marissa to confirm the information. Please DO NOT use the phone number or email of the venue on your application.
- Legally, you need to charge sales tax and should have a resale license under which you record your sales tax. You can make your sales tax inclusive and combine it with the price of your merchandise, or you can add it on as a separate charge. We are not accountants or tax advisers and we recommend that you research this information online for yourself to secure the proper licensing and paperwork.
- $30 for an indoor 6x6' space (you provide your own tables and linens, we will provide chairs)
* Please Note: The Artist Lodge will no longer be renting tables out to artists. We highly recommend that you invest in your own table. While most conventions will supply a table for you, most other small art fairs or pop-up events will not. Your table must be 6’ or smaller at its widest length. Folding tables are a one-time investment, and you can use them over and over again at events, and even in your every-day life.
- All booth payments transactions will be completed through a Square Invoice that will be emailed to you.
- Payments are required in full within 5 business days of receiving an event acceptance email. If you do not pay your invoice within 5 business days your invoice will be canceled. If you would still like to participate in the show, a $5 late fee will be added to your invoice and you will have another 5 business days to pay your invoice. If you do not pay your invoice with the late fee, we will cancel your invoice and your acceptance to vend at the show will be rescinded.
- You can share a booth with up to one other person, but your entry fee must be sent as one payment. Please include all of your collaborator’s information (as well as your own) in the notes when you send in payment.
- A $10 table share fee will be added to your invoice in the event that you choose to share your table. You may share your table with up to ONE other artist.
* PLEASE NOTE: if you’re sharing, ALL members of your table must have submitted this application and been accepted to vend. Please contact Marissa directly to make sure everything is correctly situated and that everybody can participate. If you show up to the event intending to share a table with an artist that has not been approved, neither of you will be allowed to set up.
REFUNDS AND CANCELLATIONS
- Please confirm your schedule before committing to this show. You have 30 days from your application acceptance, or 60 days before the event to cancel and receive a refund, whichever comes first. (For example, if the show takes place on May 1st and you are accepted February 1st, you have until March 1st to cancel and receive a refund. But if the show takes place on May 1st and you are accepted April 1st, you will not qualify for a refund if you cancel.) You will receive your drop deadline in your acceptance email.
- If you are scheduled to vend at a show and are a no-show, you will not receive a refund on your entry fee. We will also take note of your absence and you may not be considered for any future Artist Lodge events
- If you are scheduled to vend at a show and you arrive after load-in hours, you forfeit your entry fee and will not be allowed to set up your booth and vend. Please see Event Set-Up section of this application for load-in hours.
- Vendors will have a 6x6’ space to set up in. This includes their table space and any space behind them for displays. Please be respectful of your neighboring vendors and do not encroach on their space.
- Vendors will only be allowed to purchase one booth space. We do not offer double or triple spaces. In some special opportunities a limited amount of double booths may be made available to vendors, but it is not something that is regularly available at each show and you are not guaranteed a double spot should this opportunity arise.
- Booths and spaces are assigned to you, and you will have an opportunity to choose up to five spots that you would like. There is no guarantee that you will get any of your selected spots, but we will do our best to accommodate your choices.
- Booth spaces can be set up however you'd like, and you can bring more than one table for your space if you'd like. All displays must remain in your assigned area and you cannot encroach on your neighbor's spot. There will be a foot or more between each booth space to allow for entry and exiting from behind your display, but all displays and merchandise must remain within your allotted booth space.
- Any items that are not being displayed must be kept under or hidden behind your table, or in your vehicle. We would like to keep this event fun but professional, and a messy booth area makes both the artist and The Artist Lodge look unorganized.
- Remember to stay close to your table, or bring someone to watch your set-up for you. The Artist Lodge is NOT responsible for any lost, broken, or stolen merchandise/possessions/money.
- We ask that vendors either leave their children at home, or have their children attend as a guest with another adult supervising them. Due to the busy nature of set-up, children absolutely are not allowed at our event load-in.
- Vendors will be allowed into the building at 3pm to begin setting up their booths. All product and displays must be inside the building and within your designated spots by 4:30pm, and vendors may continue to set up their booths until 4:45pm. All booths must be completely set up and aisles must be clear by 4:45pm. Rolling carts must be off the floor by 4:45pm. The load-in gate will be shut and locked at 4:45pm. After 5pm vendors will need to use the front entry if they need to enter or exit the venue, but will not be allowed to load-in additional product or displays.
- Please DO NOT park directly in front of the Boys and Girls Club doors until you receive clearance from Marissa Suto. After checking in you may pull up to the curb to unload your vehicle. After unloading and BEFORE setting up, your vehicle MUST be moved to the parking garage across the street. We highly recommend that you bring a cart/wagon/dolly if you have a lot to unload. If you only have one load of supplies that can be carried by hand, please park in the garage and leave the unloading zone for those that need it. The parking garage across the street is free. We have this regulation so that there is room for everyone to pull in and unload.
- The Artist Lodge is not responsible for any towed, ticketed, or damaged vehicles. Our venue is located next to a Sheriff’s department so please comply with all posted signage and regulations in the area.
- If you arrive the day of the show with a table or set-up that does not comply with the vendor guidelines you may be asked to adjust your set up, and/or may not be allowed to set up. If you arrive to load-in at or after 4:30pm you will not be allowed to set-up and you will forfeit your booth space and entry fee.
- Please note that this venue can get VERY warm during load in. Please wear the proper clothing and bring water with you to stay hydrated. We also recommend that you bring portable or battery powered fans to use during set-up. Electricity will be available only to those that have wall spots. We will have fans running during load-in and throughout the event, but in order to keep costs down we do not run the AC during our events so we suggest you bring what you need to keep yourself cool.
- The Artist Lodge is scheduled to end at 9:30pm, no vendor may begin to break down their booth before then (unless otherwise coordinated with Marissa Suto or in the event of an emergency). Vendors that pack and leave before the event is over will not be invited back to future events.
- At the end of the show, we ask that vendors stack their chairs against the wall.
- All vendor merchandise and displays must be off the show floor and outside by 10:30pm.
- Cars will be allowed to pull up for loading once your entire display is broken down, ready to pack, and not before 9:45pm to allow attendees to leave first.
- We cannot guarantee sales. We can’t tell you what a person wants to see or what sells best. We can't tell you what to bring or make. We want to make these shows as unique and eclectic as we can, and while fan art is always going to be popular, we love it when our creators bring their own original works.
- We highly recommend that you bring a credit card reader, and enough cash to make change with customers. We find that the vendors that can take both cash and card instead of just cash are more likely to make sales. Because there is no WiFi at the location, we encourage attendees to bring cash, but we still recommend you be prepared to accept cards. There is not an ATM on site, so please bring enough cash to last you the duration of the event.
- We rely heavily on word-of-mouth and social media advertising to attract attendees to our events, and therefore we spend a lot of time advertising online and passing out flyers in person. We ask that you do the same. Our collective advertising literally makes or breaks these events. They aren’t coming to see us, they’re coming to see YOU. And they won’t know you’re there unless you advertise
- Please try and stick to a social media schedule. Posting once every week/every other week helps a lot. Post WIPs of the things you’re working on to let people know what you’re going to bring
- Please tag (NOT hashtag, we’re not notified of hashtags) us in all your posts. If we see that you’re tagging us in things, we will repost your flyers for you on Facebook/Instagram/Twitter and wherever else we can to help promote you. However, if you’re not tagging us, we’re not seeing your posts and we can’t help you.
- Feel free to copy and paste the following hashtags: #art #artist #artists #artwork #artistalley #artistic #artistslodge #theartistlodge #artistlodge #boysandgirlsclub #stanton #boysandgirlsclubstanton #orangecounty #orangecountyart #oc #ocart #artistsonig #artistsofig #artistsoninstagram #artistsofinstagram #supportlocal #shopsmall #supportlocalart #supportlocalartists #supportlocalbusiness #supportlocalbusinesses #free #freeevent
- Besides social media, we also will advertise on OC Weekly, Eventbrite, and any other platforms we can find.
- The Artist Lodge will create our own Facebook Event page and send it out to the vendors. You can add the event to your page and invite people to the Facebook Event. We ask that you DO NOT create your own Facebook Event by copying and pasting our information into a new event. The Facebook event allows us to sell tickets to the event and keep track of attendance, plus we put money into advertising on that platform. By creating a new event, you’re limiting the reach of our event.
- We have a raffle at every event. We ask that our vendors donate at least one item a show to contribute to the raffle. You are in no way required to do so, but it is recommended. It guarantees somebody going home with something of yours. Your donation can be anything as small as a button to a print to a tote bag to a free custom anything
- Be sure to include a business card or contact information attached or in each thing you donate.
Remember to ‘like’ our Facebook page:
Follow us on Twitter: @theartistlodge
Follow us on Instagram: @theartistlodge
Go to our website:
The Artist does hereby agree to the terms set forth above by submitting this form.
This contract shall be governed by the laws of the State of California in Orange County and any applicable Federal Law.
Approximate Floor Plan
The email address above is spelled correctly and one that I check regularly.
Artist / Company Name
Instagram (please WRITE OUT the URL and do not just list your handle: i.e.
Five booth choices (#1 choice first please)
I will be sharing my booth with another artist or creator.
If you are sharing, who are you sharing your booth with (limit two people to a 6-foot table).
I understand that this form is an APPLICATION and not an automatic acceptance as a vendor in any Artist Lodge event.
I understand that this is an application to be a VENDOR at this specific Artist Lodge event. I understand that this is not the application to be a gallery artist, featured artist, or guest curator.
I understand that this application will act as my contract if I am selected as a vendor, and that I will be expected to follow the regulations and guidelines listed above.
I have read ALL of the policies and guidelines listed above.
I am capable of complying to all of the terms and guidelines listed above.
I understand that any work I bring to the event needs to be family friendly, and free of graphic imagery and nudity. I understand that if I wish to sell work featuring these themes will I need to contact Marissa (the show coordinator) to discuss my ability to do so.
I understand that I am not allowed to smoke/vape/jule/or use any other form of tobacco within or on the venue property.
I understand that the event will take place rain or shine, that I am not guaranteed a booth spot with access to electricity, and I will plan accordingly.
I understand that I am not allowed to use any of the games or pool tables located in the lobby of the venue, and that I will not touch or play with any of the items in the classrooms unless I have direct permission from an employee of the venue.
I understand that public WiFi is not available to the vendors, and I will plan accordingly. I understand that there is not an ATM on site and I will bring any change and card processing items that I need.
I understand The Artist Lodge's Artist Policies listed above, and I understand that I am only allowed to sell work that I have personally created or collaborated on. I will be able to provide artist/company permission and/or proof of public domain if I am asked to provide it for any art found to be created by another artist or company.
I understand The Artist Lodge's zero tolerance policy towards stolen artwork.
I understand and agree to pay the booth fee if I am selected as a vendor.
I understand that I must be in attendance at the event in order to be a vendor.
I understand the payment processes and policies listed above.
I understand the refund and cancellation policies.
I understand the booth regulations listed above.
I understand the event set-up guidelines and timelines listed above.
I understand the event break-down guidelines and timelines listed above.
I understand that I am responsible for promoting this event in any way possible. I understand that the success of this event is heavily dependent upon the artists and vendors promoting the show, and I agree to do my part.
I would like to donate something to the raffle.
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
Page 1 of 1
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of The Artist Lodge.