Davis/Lane Room Parent Volunteer Sign Up 2019-2020
BEST/PTO is looking for two room parents per classroom this school year. This position is a great way to get directly involved in your child's classroom.
Room parent responsibilities vary depending on the teacher. Your responsibilities will likely include:
- Sending emails to parents on behalf of the teacher
- Organizing parties for occasions such as Halloween, Valentine's Day, etc.
- Coordinating classroom volunteers
- Communicating information to families and coordinating activities on behalf of BEST at various times throughout the year, such as Teacher Appreciation Week
Being a room parent does not mean that you will do all the work! Your job is to coordinate the efforts of ALL parents/families.
The Room Parent Coordinators will place volunteers in each classroom based on the following:
- If there are more than two volunteers, a lottery will be conducted by the Room Parent Coordinators.
- If there are more than two volunteers and one of the volunteers was the room parent for the same child last year, that volunteer will be excluded from consideration this year.
- If there are more than two volunteers and one of the volunteers has also volunteered to be a room parent for another child, that volunteer will be placed in the other classroom.
If you volunteer, please make sure you have an updated CORI on file at the Davis/Lane offices. New regulations require all volunteers to submit a CORI form every school year.
If you have questions, please feel free to reach out to the Room Parent Coordinators:
Beth-Anne Sullivan for Davis Elementary School -
Karen Sobol for Lane Elementary School -
Please volunteer by SEPTEMBER 13, 2019.
Your Last Name
Your First Name
Your Child's Last Name
Your Child's First Name
Best phone number on which to reach you?
Would you like to volunteer for more than one classroom? If yes, please fill out the form more than once.
If yes, please state whether you are willing to be a room parent for more than one classroom. If you are not, please let us know which classroom you prefer.
Your Child's School
Davis Elementary School
Lane Elementary School
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service