School Helpers Volunteer Application
Thank you for showing interest in School Helpers!
School Helpers is a non-profit organization made up of high school volunteers and based on Vancouver Island. This organization has been formed to support parents and younger students during the challenging transition to online learning.
Once you have submitted this form, we will be in touch with you as soon as possible. A possible interview may occur for some applicants. All volunteers are required to commit a minimum of 30 minutes per week to School Helpers until the end of the school year (this is flexible). Please email
if you have any questions.
*Must be in grade 9 or above to apply
* A grade of "A" is recommended in the subjects that you would be interested in tutoring
What subjects would you be interested in tutoring? (check all that apply)
Do you have a interest in working with a specific age group?
How many hours a week can you commit to School Helpers?
What days are you available on? (check all that apply)
Would you be interested in answering questions from our student forms in the "Question Zone".
Please discuss you prior volunteer experiences and what skills/experiences you could bring to School Helpers.
Is there anything else you want us to know?
User Acknowledgement Agreement for Tutors and Users of School Helpers Online Tutoring Service
Before working with School Helpers, we ask that you please complete this consent form:
1. For our online tutoring services, both the tutor and parties using the services must refrain from personally recording video conferencing sessions unless there is written permission from both the tutor and student’s parent/guardian. However, photos or emails of written work help may be forwarded at the discretion of the tutor.
2. Despite reasonable efforts to protect the privacy and security of electronic communication, it is not possible to completely secure information. Video conferencing platforms and electronic communication have inherent privacy and security risks such as interception or disclosure without knowledge or permission of users. In order to improve privacy and confidentiality, you should take steps to enable any privacy settings and should not use someone else’s computer or devices as they may be able to access your information. It is also recommended that you have anti-virus or malware safeguards and password-protected internet connections.
3. The tutors are enthusiastic volunteer high school students who want to help your child with learning. They will tutor your child to the best of their ability. School Helpers has assessed the student volunteers for appropriateness but criminal background checks have not been conducted. The high school students have been directed to tutor subject areas in which they excel. School Helpers Organization cannot be held liable for learning outcomes or any damages resulting from the use of its services
4. Parents/guardians of the students to be tutored are responsible for ensuring that meeting times and the video conferencing platform is confirmed with tutors in advance, students arrive on time, and that their behavior is appropriate.
5. School Helpers Organization does not discriminate against any person on the basis of ethnicity, gender identity, or religion.
6. The tutor or parent/guardian may discontinue or withdraw from the online tutoring service at his/her discretion after notifying the School Helpers Organization via email.
By typing my name below, which constitutes my signature, I acknowledge that I am a tutor and that I consent to participate in School Helpers Organization online tutoring sessions. I understand and accept the risks, limitations, and conditions of use in using video conferencing and electronic communication.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service