- Understand what confidentiality and data protection is.
- Gain a general understanding about the legislative background pertaining to confidentiality and data protection.
- Gain general knowledge about the use confidentiality and data protection is in a general / wider sense.
- Understand of the needs for confidentiality and data protection for an organisation.
- Gain a general understanding of the greater needs for confidentiality and data protection within certain areas of work like CQC registered activity as compared to our general work.
- Understand the individuals role as far as the law is concerned.
- Understand the effect of breaching confidentiality.
- Gain knowledge as to how confidentiality may be breached accidentally or carelessly.
- Gain knowledge to enable them to decide what information is confidential
- Gain knowledge about the parameters of confidentiality in the workplace with regard to use of computers, emails, faxes and telephone calls.
- Have a clear understanding about the rights of connected third parties (eg. GPs, Social Services – unknown social workers, Council and NHS caseworkers) to information sharing
To book a place, please complete this booking form.
Date: 25th September 2017
Time: 10am - 1pm
Location: The Lodge, 64 Pinner Road, Harrow, HA1 4HZ
Cost (Per Person):
Free - Harrow Voluntary, Community & Social Enterprise Sector
£30 - Voluntary, Community & Social Enterprise Sector (Not working or based in Harrow)
£40 - Public & Private Sector
Sector Definitions: https://goo.gl/hM4hq2
Call: 020 8861 5894
Are parking spaces available for blue badge holders? No
Is the venue wheelchair accessible? Yes
Is there an induction loop? No
Is there a lift? N/A