Learning Legacy Fund Grant
Sign in to Google
to save your progress.
Send a deserving trainer to CHART for free!
A fund has been established by CHART to provide a need-based professional development grant for trainers who have shown potential and passion for the profession but who lack sufficient budget to attend a CHART conference. Recipients will be provided with funds to enable them to attend a CHART Conference.
Nominations for CHART 100 Atlanta in September are due no later than Friday, August 6, 2021.
Gold Founding Donors
Mike Amos / Eric Bartlett / Karen Brown / Betty Rae Camarillo / Monique Donahue / Emily Ellis / Pat Evans / Joleen Goronkin / Janet Hoffmann / John Kelley / Lisa and James Marovec / Serah Morrissey / Chip Romp / Jim Sullivan / Jason Lyon
Silver Founding Donors
Michael Kacmar / TJ Schier / Dave Young
- Any CHART member in good standing may complete the application to nominate a hospitality trainer or operator for the grant.
- Candidates must be non-member, junior or associate level trainers or operations team members who have never attended a CHART conference.
- A Steering Committee will review nominations and selections will be made based on a point ranking and personal essay of the nominee.
- The grant will cover the candidate's conference fee ($1,025), three night hotel stay (approximately $500), airfare (maximum $400), and a stipend to cover some other expenses ($100).
- Grant funds will be administrated and arranged by the CHART office, including the stipend, which the recipient will receive upon arrival at the conference.
- Costs above the amount of the CHART grant are the responsibility of the recipient.
- Following the conference, recipients will be required to write a short article for the FlipCHART newsletter covering the highlights of their experience.
- The grant is non-transferable.
The Grant is available only to a non-member who has been nominated by a member or partner. Nominations may be submitted at any time, but decisions for each conference are made about two months in advance, when possible. Complete this e-form and attach any supporting letters, clippings, programs, or other collateral that will help the Award Committee fully understand how the nominee meets the Grant criteria.
Please fill out as completely as possible.
1. How long has this person been employed in the hospitality industry? How long have they been employed in their current position? Provide relevant employment history details.
2. What do you believe this person would gain by attending a CHART conference?
3. What constraints (financial or otherwise) are currently preventing this person from attending a CHART conference, either personally or as a part of their company?
Please give specific examples of how this person demonstrates CHART's guiding principles:
Learning (250 word maximum)
Sharing (250 word maximum)
Growing (250 word maximum)
Caring (250 word maximum)
Learning Legacy Fund Nominee Essay - To be written by the nominee.
Prepare an essay (500 words maximum) on why you should receive this grant. Your essay may include areas such as:
- Your career aspirations.
- How attending the CHART conference will benefit you.
- One accomplishment you have obtained within your organization you are proud of.
- One goal you have in the coming year with respect to your organization.
Please provide Nominee essay here
Any supporting documents can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, e-mail CHART at email@example.com or call (800) 463-5918.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service