APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday, March 2nd by 5:00pm.
1. Be an incoming Junior, Senior or Graduating Senior as of June 2018. 2. Complete online employment application by Friday March 2nd, 2018.3. Be willing to complete additional paperwork before hiring complete (background check, W-2, etc)4. Attend Professional Development Training in June.
KEY DATES TO MARK:
- Friday March 2nd, 2018 -- online application due *REQUIRED*
- Monday March 5th -- receive notification via phone or email
- Wednesday March 7th & Thursday March 8th -- Interview Dates 4:00 - 6:00pm (please hold these two dates to schedule interviews; interviews will be scheduled during those two time frames) Location: 3CDC Office Downtown *REQUIRED*
- May 12th (this is changed from May 19th) -- On-boarding & Recruitment 9:00am - 2:00pm (unpaid on-boarding) *REQUIRED*
- June 2018 -- Youth Mentor Professional Development Training, date and time TBA (we will schedule it around Cincinnati Public Schools & neighboring district calendars, students will NOT miss school) *REQUIRED*
- June 12th to August 2nd -- Summer Camp Dates (8:30am - 3:15pm daily hours)
BEFORE YOU START COMPLETING, YOU WILL NEED TO KNOW:
- Your email address- Your Social Security number - Your emergency contact information (person’s name and phone number)
JOB DESCRIPTION: Youth Mentors are directly responsible for a group of youth ages 8-14 years old and work collaboratively with their peers to provide a joyful, safe and enriching summer experience. They must be enthusiastic about engaging youth in daily camp activities including: swimming, basketball, exercise, team building activities and other activities given from Youth Mentor Supervisors or Youth Mentor Camp Directors. Youth Mentors will report directly to Youth Mentor Supervisors and be evaluated by direct supervisor and Camp Directors. They are expected to show professionalism daily including: wearing appropriate uniform, a timely arrival to work, communicating at least 24-hours in advance with supervisors on absences and displaying appropriate behavior while at work with peers, campers and families.
**This application will take approximately 1-2 hours and must be completed in one sitting. There is no way to save your progress. If necessary, type answers on a word document and copy and paste when ready to submit.