Colorado State Drug Assistance Program (SDAP) Committee Membership Application
The SDAP Committee is an important volunteer body, which focuses on the needs,
service gaps and priorities of persons living with HIV in Colorado.
The SDAP Committee is committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging.
Members will be selected in order to make the committee inclusive of all people who
are interested in and committed to HIV prevention, care and treatment and
representative of the diverse community it serves.
It is the goal of the SDAP Committee to ensure meaningful and diverse community
input, participation and involvement in HIV-related planning activities. We encourage
broad public support and engagement with the SDAP activities.
The SDAP Committee will strive to have a membership that reflects the HIV
Community in terms of age, race and ethnicity, gender identity and expression, sexual
orientation, ability, geographic diversity. Membership may reflect representation
from the following areas of experience:
● People living with HIV
● Individuals and populations vulnerable to acquiring HIV.
● Communities receiving HIV care, treatment, and prevention services.
● People whose lives have been impacted by HIV in any way.
● Medical providers, including those serving youth and people who are justice involved.
● People who have experience in mental health and with people who use substances.
● People who have experience with people experiencing homelessness and housing
● People from non-governmental agencies that provide HIV-specific services; and HIV
service providers including community organizations.
● People who are community advocates or affiliated with community based
● People from communities disproportionately affected by HIV, STI, or viral hepatitis.
● People who are current or past recipients of SDAP funded services.
● People from all regions of the state.
Conflict of Interest: If a member of the SDAP Committee has an immediate personal,
private, or financial interest in any matter pending before the committee, the
member shall disclose the fact and shall not vote upon the matter.
Members agree to the following:
1. To adhere to the Bylaws of the SDAP Committee.
2. Actively participate in the SDAP Committee meetings in person or via
3. Submit required documentation for appointment to the SDAP Committee.
4. Fulfill the duties of membership.
Please complete the following information in full. Attach a personal narrative, current
resume, and/or a CV.