OHIO HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALL COACHES ASSOCIATION SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
1. The candidate must be a daughter or son of a member of the Ohio High School Basketball Coaches Association and officially associated with an OHSAA sanctioned varsity basketball program. The applicant’s parent must have been an active coach of the OHSBCA for the last five consecutive years including this season. This program is intended to help children of coaches who have actively supported the OHSBCA.
2. Scholarships shall be available to graduating students who plan to attend a college, university, or other institution of higher learning.
3. Factors such as financial need, scholastic achievement, leadership qualities, self-reliance, and athletic participation shall be considered.
4. The scholarship shall be for one (1) year and will be used for direct educational expenses only.
5. Fifteen $1,000 scholarships are available annually. Each scholarship has been named in honor of a former OHSBCA outstanding coach. The scholarships are named for: Red Ash, Walter Harrop Sr., Columbus Hines, Franklin Miller, Herman Rearick, Ralph Webster, C.D. Hawhee, Carl Bachman, Wayne Wiseman, Bob Arnzen, Doc Daugherty, Perry Reese Jr., John “Butch” Rossi, Joseph Petrocelli and Richard Kortokrax.
6. Winners of the scholarships shall notify the treasurer of the OHSBCA of the name of the institution in which they have enrolled. The check will be made out to the person receiving the scholarship when the treasurer has received official notice that the winner has enrolled in the school of their choice.
7. If a winner receives an athletic or academic scholarship equal to or greater than one half of the academic year’s tuition from another source, then an alternate will become the recipient of the award.
8. The selection of the recipients will be made by the OHSBCA Scholarship Committee, chaired by Scott Bardall of Garaway High School.
9. Winners will be announced and given public recognition, along with their parents, at the annual North-South All-Star Games.
10. ALL APPLICATIONS MUST INCLUDE A PHOTOGRAPH OF THE APPLICANT, otherwise application is void. Directions are at the end of this application and you will be emailed the same directions when you submit this form.
13. *** DEADLINE *** Received before March 1st