Celebration 2020 Food Competitions
Sealaska Heritage Institute will hold food competitions for best seaweed, soapberries, seal oil, and seal oil with crackling (fat) during Celebration 2020.
The following rules apply:
• Food must be gathered and prepared by the participant.
• Each participant must submit at least a 1-quart sized bag of seaweed, 3 cups of soapberries, and/or 4 oz. of seal oil with or without crackling (fat).
• Each entry must be marked with the participant’s name and a local phone number where they can be reached. Please write your name and phone number directly on the entry containers. Please do not attach notes to the bags, as they may be misplaced.
• Before judging, the names will be matched with numbers in order to maintain anonymity from the judges.
• Any surplus food entries will be donated to elders living in urban communities.
Prizes for each category
First Place: $500
Second Place: $250
Third Place: $100
Sealaska Heritage Institute will contact applicants once the dates and times of the competitions have been finalized.
DEADLINE FOR REGISTRATION IS MAY 15TH, 2020
Mailing address: include city, state and zip code
Which competition(s) would you like to enter?:
Seal oil with crackling (fat)
By typing your name in the space below, you agree to accept the rules of Celebration 2020 food competitions and the decisions made by the judges. You authorize the use of any video or photographs of you taken by SHI or its agent for cultural, promotional, or educational purposes.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service