Pleasant Valley students entering 9th-12th grades can volunteer to be a Peer Coach for any session of camp for fun or service-learning hours. A maximum of 6 Peer Coaches will be scheduled for each session. Peer Coaches are expected to attend a Peer Coach meeting prior to the start of camp. The Peer Coach meeting is tentatively scheduled for Sunday, June 4th from 6:00-7:30 pm.
Six sessions of camp will meet in the Riverdale Heights Science Room. Sessions are subject to change based on enrollments.
* Session 1: Green City Challenge for beginning programmers: June 5-June 8, 8:00-10:15 am (WAIT LIST)
* Session 2: Space Challenge for beginning programmers with some experience: June 5-June 8, 10:30-12:45 (WAIT LIST)
* Session 3: LEGO Sumo for students who have completed BOTH the Basic Robotics AND Advanced Robotics after-school courses: June 5-June 8, 1:15-3:30 pm (WAIT LIST)
* Session 4: Green City Challenge for beginning programmers: June 12-June 15, 8:00-10:15 am (WAIT LIST)
* Session 5: LEGO Sumo for students who have completed BOTH the Basic Robotics AND Advanced Robotics after-school courses: June 12-June 15, 10:30-12:45 (WAIT LIST)
* Session 6: TETRIX Tenpin for students entering 8th and 9th grades: June 12th-June 15th, 1:15-3:30 pm (WAIT LIST)
Camp fees for Green City Challenge, Space Challenge, and LEGO Sumo are $55 and include a camp t-shirt. Camp fees for TETRIX Tenpin are $75 and include a camp t-shirt and safety glasses.
Students will be enrolled on a first come, first served basis with . Registration will remain open until camps are full. Enrolled students will be notified via email with instructions on how to submit your nonrefundable payment within a week of registration. If a spot becomes available, students on a WAIT LIST will be notified in early April with enrollment information.
For more information, please contact Theresa Barber at RVDHRobotics@gmail.com.