Glen Ridge History Quiz 6
Glen Ridge Public Library, the Glen Ridge Historical Society & the Glen Ridge Recreation Department have joined together to bring you a weekly opportunity to learn some Glen Ridge history while sheltering in place.

This week's quiz will focus on articles from the following Gaslamp newsletters of the Glen Ridge Historical Society:

September, 2013
April, 2010
November, 2016
September, 2012
November, 2008


These articles can be found at bit.ly/36bXJJZ
Quiz begins after this historic 1918 Spanish influenza poster
The Glen Ridge High School athletic field was dedicated on October 1, 1925. It was rededicated on Armistice Day 1938 in honor of Mayor Alfred Hurrell who died the previous June. What was located on the field before 1925?
1 point
Captionless Image
Clear selection
Which element below was NOT included in the original design of Freeman Gardens?
1 point
Photo credit: Robert Baum
Photo credit: Robert Baum
Clear selection
From 1932-1966, students in nursery school through twelfth grade attended classes in a private school located on the former Chapman estate at 204 Ridgewood Avenue. What was the name of the school?
1 point
Captionless Image
Clear selection
Liberace, the famous pianist and entertainer, lived in Glen Ridge for a short time between 1939 - 1940 at the beginning of his career. Why did he move to Glen Ridge?
1 point
Captionless Image
Clear selection
Nathan Russell was a realtor in Glen Ridge from 1895-1917. His first real estate office (below) was located on the southwest corner of Ridgewood and Bloomfield Avenues. When the borough acquired land in the Glen for permanent open space, the building was moved and became the second floor of a new home at 45 Clark Street. Russell then built a second office building that still operates as a commercial enterprise today. What building is it?
1 point
Captionless Image
Clear selection
Submit
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google. - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy