Intake Request Form
It is the goal of REED Academy to provide educational opportunities for approximately 40 individuals with autism, ages three through twenty-one. Importantly, REED Academy accepts “families,” not students. Parent(s)/guardian(s), at the time of intake, must demonstrate a willingness and ability to be active participants in their child’s educational and treatment programs.
Services shall not be denied to any otherwise eligible person because of socioeconomic status, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin (Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, 1973).
1) Interested parents, guardians, or child study team members complete a Request for Intake form.
2) When an opening becomes available, a member of the administrative team at REED Academy will review the intake file to determine appropriate candidates for the opening. Appropriate candidates will be selected using the following criteria: Confirmed diagnosis of autism, age of the prospective student, skill level of the prospective student, student’s potential benefit from REED services, match with potential peers at REED
3) Parents/guardians/child study team members will be contacted to determine if there remains an interest in placement at REED.
4) If the party is still interested in placement, current records, including medical and educational evaluations, will be requested.
5) The REED team will review student records.
6) If the records meet criteria for the opening, an intake meeting will be scheduled. Parents will be asked to complete an intake survey.
7) The REED team will participate in the intake procedures. Parents/guardians/child study team members must accompany the candidate to the meeting.
8) The REED team will review the intake results and intake decisions are at the sole discretion of the REED team.
9) Applicants will be notified of their status.
Please note that all additional materials (e.g., evaluation forms, videotapes) from families and/or child study teams whose children have not been accepted into the program will not be preserved. Depending on the nature of the rejection, intake forms will either be kept on file or not preserved (as appropriate).
Please call 201-644-0760 or e-mail
with any questions regarding completion of this form.
I have reviewed the information regarding the intake process and procedures and am ready to complete the form
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of REED Academy.
Terms of Service