The RailsBridge board has several openings!
If you're interested in joining us, please help us get to know you a little bit better by filling out this form. If you know someone who you think would be an awesome board member, please nominate them by emailing us with why you think they'd be great (email@example.com
) and we'll get in touch with them.
You can read through the full board charter on GitHub for details on how the board runs (https://github.com/railsbridge/board
). Here are some of the more salient sections:
Responsibilities of the Board
* Support RailsBridge’s mission of making tech accessible to people from diverse backgrounds.
* Manage RailsBridge’s finances, in conjunction with Bridge Foundry.
* Establish teams and processes that foster organizational growth and volunteer happiness.
* Support teams and chapters to create sustainable growth.
* Assist in conflict resolution as needed.
Responsibilities of Board Members
* Serve on the board for a 2 year term
* Attend monthly board meetings
* Serve on at least one RailsBridge team or committee (i.e. finance, communications, geographic expansion, operations)
* Board members should expect to do around 10 hours of RailsBridge work per month, depending on the board member’s responsibilities
* Recruit new committee and board members
* Attend two RailsBridge workshops per year
If you have questions about this, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
. We'll be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis.