All nominations must be received by the Awards Committee by June 15 of each year. Awards will be announced and presented at the Missouri Prairie Foundation’s Annual Dinner in August.
• BILL T.CRAWFORD AWARD, “Prairie Professional of the Year”The Bill T. Crawford Award is presented to an individual who has made an outstanding professional contribution to the cause of prairies.
• CLAIR M. KUCERA AWARD, “Prairie Landowner of the Year”The Clair M. Kucera Award is presented to an individual who has made an outstanding contribution to the cause of prairie through ownership/stewardship.
• DONALD M. CHRISTISEN AWARD, “ Prairie Volunteer of the Year”The Donald M. Christisen Award is presented to an individual who has made outstanding contributions to the cause of prairies through volunteer service.
• WILLIAM A. DAVIT AWARD, “Prairie Communicator of the Year”The William A. Davit Award will be bestowed on an individual who has been exceptionally effective in educating, communicating, or advocating for prairie such as teachers, writers, photographers, artists, and speakers.
• DICK DAWSON AWARD, “Prairie Pioneer of the Year”The Dick Dawson Award is presented to an individual, group, or business who made an outstanding contribution as an early promoter/leader to the cause of prairie conservation through activities such as advocating for the acquisition and conservation of original prairie, prairie plantings in public spaces; encouraging/assisting implementation of prairie plantings/reconstructions in privately owned landscapes; advocating or promoting prairie plantings/protection and/or promoting understanding of prairie value through research, or publications.