Cosplay Masquerade Sign-Ups
This is the signup form for the Cosplay Masquerade. We reccomend you sign up beforehand as you have more freedom to decide music and have more time on stage. If you have any questions feel free to email
Cosplay Masquerade Rules
- All types of costume may be entered unless otherwise stated; Costumes from film, anime, video games, music, TV, comics, books and theatre.
- The competitions are open to all ages unless otherwise stated. If you are under the age of 13 please make sure your parent/guardian gives full consent for you to enter the Masquerade. This can be done by getting a parent or guardian to sign the application form or verbal consent on the day.
- A hand made costume must be 80% your own work, and we do check! Bought costumes (as a whole or separately-acquired outfit from a shop or from e-bay) or altered costumes will be eligible for judging but will not be eligible for the 'craftsmanship' category. Specific components of the costume if fully crafted or heavily altered (such as an intricate weapon) may receive marks within the 'craftsmanship' category, given at the judges discretion. It is advisable to include information regarding hand made elements within your application form.
- If you are doing a skit and it has been approved via e-mail please make sure you visit the Events Signup deak NO LATER THAN 1 hour before the masquerade so we can check through your tech requirements. (see note under 2b for 'cues')
Cosplay Masquerade Performance
- During the masquerade itself we highly encourage you to perform/pose however you wish. We ask for a minimum of three poses. If you are uncertain as to where to present your poses you are advised to use the three point system, typically enter stage from one side, pose. Walk to the other side, pose and finish centre stage (in the middle), pose, before exiting on the other side. This is unless you are doing a skit.
- You may come on to your own specific music you have provided (provided we are not doing generic music only). Note if you don't provide music beforehand then you'll come on to generic regardless.
- Skits (planned performances) are entirely optional. If you are doing a skit, you must tell us the full details of what you have planned and we reserve the right to decline your skit or stop it if it is/becomes inappropriate.The maximum skit length is two minutes for an individual entry and three minutes for a group. We will cap skits to a maximum of five per masquerade unless otherwise stated.
- Setting up music 'cues'. This ONLY applies to music that has been sent to us. We encourage anyone with a music-track to visit us well before the Masquerade event, this is also vital if performing a skit. There are two basic types of cues, you begin your performance off stage and we will start the music-track OR you begin your performance on stage and give us a signal to start the music-track. Please make sure you state this either under additional requirements on your application form or you notify us on the day.
- You may be filmed or photographed during the masquerade and Animeleague or the event may wish to use your image. By entering these events you agree to this.
You can view our Props & Weaponary Rules here -
Which Event is this for?
Newcastle Anime & Gaming Con (10-11 October 2020)
Liverpool Anime & Gaming Con (17-18 October 2020)
Manchester Anime & Gaming Con (24-25 October 2020)
Real name as we will need this if you win any prizes
We know some people like to be called by their cosplay name when they enter on stage. We will confirm the name at the event also.
Who are you Cosplaying?
Characters & where they are from (OCs count and fursona's too!)
Is your cosplay handmade?
What do you require on stage?
Please provide a Youtube link. If you have an MP3 please email that to
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Animeleague.