• We joyfully affirm that we support clergy who offer the grace of the Church’s blessing to any prepared couple desiring Christian marriage.
• We are convinced by the witness of others and are compelled by Spirit and conscience to act.
• We thank the many United Methodists who have already called for full equality and inclusion of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people in the life of the Church.
• We repent that it has taken us so long to act.
• We realize that our church’s discriminatory policies tarnish the witness of the Church to the world, and we are complicit.
• We value our covenant relationships and ask everyone to hold the divided community of the United Methodist Church in prayer.
Any United Methodist member of a church in California Nevada Annual Conference is welcomed to sign in support.
I have chosen to sign the Equality for All in Christian Marriage Statement and I am a member of a church of the California Nevada Annual Conference.