2. There is an application fee of $25, payable to New Millennium Performing Arts. If it is a financial hardship for you to pay the application fee, please send us an email request for fee waiver explaining your financial situation.
3. The Competition will be open to the public free of charge.
4. Competition repertoire: a. One movement from a concerto or b. A short work in its entiretyThe performance time of the movement or work should be approximately nine (9) to thirteen (13) minutes, and the piece must be played from memory at the competition.
5. Upon receipt of your application, NMCO will need to approve your choice of work before you can be accepted. Advance approval is to ensure that (a) the orchestral accompaniment is published and available at reasonable cost, and that (b) the accompaniment is appropriate for NMCO’s instrumentation, which includes a standard complement of strings, woodwinds (18.104.22.168), brass (22.214.171.124), timpani and harp. Please avoid works requiring expanded instrumentation.
6. You must have a piano accompanist for the competition (this includes pianists and guitarists) to play the piano reduction of the orchestra part. You will need to obtain your own accompanist and rehearse with them before the competition.
7. The winner will be notified by Friday, February 16th.
8. The winner will be featured on NMCO’s spring concerts on Saturday, June 2nd and Sunday, June 3rd (UPDATED).
9. The winner must be available to rehearse with NMCO on Tuesday, May 22nd or Tuesday, May 29th, and at the dress rehearsal on Thursday, May 31st (UPDATED).
10. Decision of the judges is final.
11. This application must be received by Monday, February 5, 2018
12. After you register, mail a check for the $25.00 application fee, payable to New Millennium Performing Arts, to:
Margaret Warton, TreasurerNew Millennium Performing Arts2217 Alameda de las PulgasSan Mateo, CA 94403
The application fee must be received by Monday, February 5, 2018.