More information: helsinkixrcenter.com/hub
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Join the Helsinki XR Center Developer Hub – shape the future of immersive technologies!
The Hub is a unique program for early-stage companies working within the realms of XR, spatial computing, metaverse and associated technologies and content. It offers free work space and hardware, mentoring and networking opportunities, and a vibrant community of like-minded people to support you on your journey.
Our teams consist of hardware and software developers, storytellers, interaction, game and service designers, as well as a cast of experts across diverse disciplines. They create innovative solutions in various fields by utilising technologies related to VR, MR, web3, AI and so on.What we look for in a team
What we offer
- Fresh application ideas. Relevant skills to realise those ideas.
- Dedication to the project. Getting things done.
- Desire to develop your vision and skills.
- An open mind, willingness to learn from others and help others learn from you.
- Need for resources: the more you can benefit from our program, the better.
- co-working spaces and meeting rooms,
- the latest headsets and other hardware,
- co-learning and mentoring,
- events and networking,
- HXRC Showroom – a state-of-the-art immersive demo space.
What we expect from you
- Dedication – show that you care about what you do by devoting your time to the project and by meeting the goals that you set.
- Participation – we want you to show up and make most of the events and facilities that are made available to you.
- Engagement – stay committed to the best practices and communication channels of the hub, engage with your colleagues, exchange ideas, give and receive feedback.
- Initiative – present your own solutions for building the community, events, mentoring, and your work.
Using the space and its equipment does not cost anything nor bind the team in any way. All the work and rights to it stay within the developing team.Two-stage development program
Our development program is based on a periodical, peer-reviewed format with individual goals for each team or project:1:
A three-month trial period where the central idea of your vision is fleshed out, resulting in a demo. Can you show the skill and resolve to produce something concrete and showcase it to other members of our community, and be open to the feedback from others? Teams that have already reached a higher maturity level will have their goals adjusted accordingly.
Also, as this is a community effort, we place particular significance on being present in our weekly in-house meeting, and regular engagement with other developers. The Hub is not meant for stay-at-home teams.2:
Continuation periods for three months at a time, where we set up a roadmap and development path together for the next 12 months, driven by the team, and follow up on progress at three month intervals with deadlines. The mission is to keep the team on a good track and ambitious pace while leaving room for trial and error, necessary pivoting and learning.
Send your application our way and become a part of the world’s leading XR hub!THE CURRENT APPLICATION PERIOD IS ACTIVE UNTIL NOVEMBER 30TH 2022.
For additional information, contact: email@example.com
Helsinki XR Center is operated by Metropolia University of Applied Sciences
Applications are reviewed by the FIVR
board as an impartial expert body.