We define mentoring as a structured, trusting relationship that brings young people together with caring individuals or small groups who impart guidance, support, and encouragement aimed at developing the relational skills and character of youth.
Mentoring Fund Guidelines:
• All student-initiated activities must take place on site at the community partner organization (or within the normal parameters and programming of the mentoring partner) or on the University of Richmond’s campus.
• Proposals for events must be planned with CCE community partners and attended by current UR student mentors and their mentees.
• Any individual, mentor team, and/or student organization enrolled at the University of Richmond may receive financial assistance up to $200.
• Programs must be implemented during the school year in which funds are requested. Applicants are encouraged to apply early in the semester to increase time and opportunities to plan, publicize, and implement programs.
• If you would like to purchase tickets for students to attend a University of Richmond athletics event, there may be a special process for you to follow.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Questions about the application process should be directed to Alyssa Boisvert, CCE Fellow for Mentoring and Educational Programming. After you complete and submit this application form, please notify Alyssa via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.