PDP Workshop Request
Massachusetts Agriculture in the Classroom is an approved provider through the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) in Massachusetts.Through this program, we can offer educators professional Development Points (PDP) under the Massachusetts Standards for Professional Development standards.
To qualify for PDPs, you must clearly provide the following information, including assessment, from your Mass Ag in the Classroom professional development activity.
CRITERIA FOR ASSESSMENT
1. During professional development,we pay close attention to how educators are learning and progressing through the PD. This includes a pre-assessment and post-assessment of your knowledge and skills during the workshop. This is provided by Mass Ag in the Classroom at the workshop.
2. Additionally, a summative assessment of participant learning must be demonstrated through the submission of an activity or lesson for your classroom. These must align with at least 2 Massachusetts standards and at least 2 National Agriculture Literacy Outcomes (https://www.agclassroom.org/get/doc/NALObooklet.pdf
). The lessons should utilize the Literacy Rubric (https://www.agclassroom.org/teacher/matrix/pdf/Lesson_Rubric.pdf
3. The lesson or activity must be conducted in your classroom in the year you are requesting the PDPs
4. A follow up reflection on the lesson and activity, including any data collected should be submitted
To earn the 10 PDPs for each workshop attended participants must:
1. Complete both pre and post assessments at the workshop
2. Attend the full workshop with active participation
3. Complete and submit the summative assessment
4. Conduct the activity/lesson
5. Complete and submit the reflection
Please contact Mass Ag in the Classroom at email@example.com