This $1,000 scholarship is designed to support Park Hill School District graduating seniors who have demonstrated academic ability, community service, and perseverance in their continuing educational pursuits.
Interested students must have completed an application for admission to any accredited college or university of their choice prior to the awarding of the scholarship. Scholarship money will be paid directly to the accredited institution designated by the scholarship recipient. The scholarship is non-renewable.
Application must be submitted to the Park Hill School District Education Foundation, Inc. on or before Friday, January 11, 2019, to be considered for this scholarship.
Applicants must fulfill at least two of the first three requirements plus fulfill the requirements for items 4, 5, and 6.
1. Applicant must have a 2.5 GPA or better as indicated on an official Park Hill School District Transcript to include seven (7) completed semesters. Applicant is not required to submit document verifying GPA. The Foundation will procure GPA verification from the high school registrar after the completed application has been received.
2. Applicant must have a 95% cumulative school attendance record from freshman year through first semester of senior year of high school. Applicant is not required to submit document verifying attendance. The Foundation will procure attendance verification from the high school registrar after the completed application has been received.
3. Applicant must have a composite rank of 20 on the ACT. Applicant is not required to submit document verifying standardized test score. The Foundation will procure standardized test score verification from the high school registrar after the completed application has been received.
4. Applicant must be a good citizen in good standing as defined by Park Hill School District Code of Conduct.
5. Applicant must prepare and submit answers to the (two) 2 scholarship questions provided.
6. Submit three (3) completed recommendations. (Please use on-line form.) These recommendations should include information about the scholarship applicant’s volunteer community services, proven leadership ability, and proven employment performance where applicable. Required one (1) from: high school teacher, or high school counselor, or high school administrator
Required two (2) from: youth organization leader, or sports coach, or service project leader, or club sponsor, or employer (current or past), or your religious leader.
Only one (1) set of recommendation letters are required when applying for more than one (1) scholarship.
These recommendations must be submitted on or before January 11, 2019, in order for the application to be considered. Scholarship recipients will be notified on or before February 22, 2019.