TEST - 45 ( Carbon and its Compounds )
EFFORTS NEVER FAIL
1. Which of the four test tubes containing the following chemicals shows the brisk effervescence when dilute acetic acid was added to them? i) KOH ii) NaHCO3 iii) K2CO3 iv) NaCl
i & iv
ii & iii
2.Which of the following solution of acetic acid in water can be used as preservative?
3. The suffix used for naming an aldehyde is
4. Acetic acid, when dissolved in water, it dissociates into ions reversibly because it is a,
5.Which one of the following hydrocarbon can show isomerism?
6. Combustion of hydrocarbon is generally accompanied by the evolution of
both heat and light
7. If 2 ml of acetic acid was added slowly in drops to 5ml of water then we will notice
The acid forms a separate layer on the top of water.
Water forms a separate layer on the top of the acid.
Formation of a clear and homogenous solution.
Formation of a pink and clear solution.
8. A few drops of ethanoic acid were added to solid sodium carbonate. The possible results of the reactions are
A hissing sound was evolved
Brown fumes evolved.
Brisk effervescence occurred
A pungent smelling gas evolved
9. When acetic acid reacts with ethyl alcohol, we add conc. H2SO4, it acts as and the process is called
Oxidizing agent, Saponification
Dehydrating agent, Esterification
Reducing agent, Esterification
Acid & Esterification
10. Which of these is not a cristalline form of carbon?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service