Work and Energy | Quiz | Class IX
1. Which of the following is an example of work done against force?
Getting up with the stairs
Get down with the stairs
Walking on the flat ground
Droping any object down from the top
2. What happens to its potential energy when an object is taken to high altitude?
Its potential energy increases
Its potential energy decreases
Its potential energy remain same
None of the above
3. What is the unit of energy in c.g.s system?
4. Anna carries a 12 kg bag upstairs to a height of 15 steps. amount of work she has done is
5. Power of pump when it can lift 70 kg of water through 16 m in 10 s is
6. Energy coming from sun for last billion of years is result of a
7. During interconversion of energy from one form to other forms, total energy at any time remains
8. The spring will have maximum potential energy when
it is pulled out
it is compressed
both (a) and (b)
neither (a) nor (b)
9. The work done is 0 if
The body shows displacement in the opposite direction of the force applied.
The body shows displacement in the same direction as that of the force applied. .
The body shows a displacement in perpendicular direction to the force applied.
The body masses obliquely to the direction of the force applied.
10. A students caries a bag weighing 5 kg from the ground floor to his class on the first floor that is 2 m high. The work done by the boy is
11. How much time will be required to perform 520 J of work at the rate of 20 W?
12. When a body falls from a height, its total mechanical energy remain same. The statement is –
13. If the velocity of a body is doubled its kinetic energy
does not change
becomes 4 times
14. A ball is dropped from a height of 10 m.
Its potential energy increases and kinetic energy decreases during the falls
Its potential energy is equal to the kinetic energy during the fall.
Its potential energy decreases and kinetic energy increases during the falls
The potential energy is 0 and kinetic energy is maximum while it is falling.
15. The gravitational potential energy of an object is due to
its acceleration due to gravity
its height above the earth's surface
all of the above
16. Energy possessed by a body due to its position is called its
17. When a force acting on a body displaces it in direction of a force then
uniform velocity accurs
uniform speed occurs
work is done
equilibrium take place
18. Energy stored in a coal is
19. Plant or animal wastes that can be burnt as fuel is called
20. If a pump can lift 200 kg of water through a height of 6 m in 10 seconds, then its power is
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service