NZSTA Communication Access Award Nomination Form 2019
These awards are made by the New Zealand Speech-language Therapists’ Association (NZSTA) and the, Minister of Disability Issues to individuals and organisations who have demonstrated Communication Accessible Principles.
The service or person nominated demonstrated our NZSTA Communication Access Principles.
1. Awareness and knowledge – recognition and knowledge about communication and communication disability.
2. Attitude - acknowledge competence and all aspects of communication and be willing to help and give time.
3. Competency - use active listening skills, give time to respond, use communication tools:
- Use the best approaches to communication with all individuals.
- Support individuals to be involved in decisions.
- Support individuals to communicate successfully.
4. Information – people receive information in a way that they can access and understand e.g. easy-read formatting.
5. Environment - organisations provide clear signage:
- Opportunities are provided for face to face communication.
- Communication tools are available or utilized.
- Noise levels and lighting are considered.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of New Zealand Speech Language Therapists Association.
Terms of Service