We hope you have been able to take some time to relax during this hot and humid summer!
Thank you all for completing the previous staff survey. Now that we know that we are returning to school all day, every day as per Governor Lamont, Commissioner Cardona and the State’s Re-Opening Plan, "Adapt, Advance, Achieve", we need more information about your work situation for the 2020-2021 school year.
As Connecticut schools plan to reopen, the guidance and considerations outlined in the state document are grounded in the following six guiding principles:
1. Safeguarding the health and safety of students and staff;
2. Allowing all students the opportunity to return to school full time starting in the fall; (however, a distance learning option will be available to families as well)
3. Monitoring the school, students and staff and, when necessary, potentially cancelling classes in the future to appropriately contain COVID-19 spread;
4. Emphasizing equity, access and support to the students and communities that are emerging from this historic disruption;
5. Fostering strong two-way communication with partners such as families, educators, and staff; and
6. Factoring into decisions about reopening the challenges to the physical safety, social-emotional well-being, and the mental health needs of our students when they are not in school.
In order to maintain the health and safety of our students and staff as they return to our school buildings, the following will be mandatory:
1. Facial coverings/masks - mandatory for staff and students during the school day when inside the school building (except for students in the preschool program)
2. Social distancing-based on the square footage of each classroom
3. Frequent hand washing; sanitizers will be placed in classrooms without sinks
4. Enhanced cleaning and disinfecting throughout the school day in every building
Please answer this brief survey to let us know if you are able to be physically present in the building when we reopen schools in the fall. For those who cannot be physically present, follow up steps will be clarified in the coming weeks. Only Human Resources will have access to this confidential information. Your answer is being used for scheduling and planning purposes for the coming school year, so it is important that we have accurate information.
Please complete this survey by August 1, 2020. Thank you for your time.
After reading the TPS Reopening Plan, I will be able to be physically present in the building for the 2020-2021 school year.
After reading the TPS Reopening Plan, I will NOT be able to be physically present in the building for the 2020-2021 school year (If you select this option, you must contact Human Resources at
to begin the request for reasonable accommodations).
On July 22, 2020, in accordance with the State of Connecticut's reopening plan "Adapt, Advance, Achieve", the Torrington Board of Education adopted Face Masks/Coverings Policy # 2011. This policy pertains to students, faculty, staff, and visitors. It has been developed to fulfill the guiding principles contained in the Framework for Connecticut Schools, specifically to safeguard the health and safety of students and staff and to allow all students the opportunity to return into classrooms full time. In an effort to ensure that all employees are aware of the policy, we have included the link to the adopted policy:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- REQUIRED - Please check this box to acknowledge that you have read and understand Policy #2011, Face Masks/Coverings.
I have read and understand policy #2011, Face Masks/Coverings
Send me a copy of my responses.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Torrington Public Schools.