Parent Re-opening Commitment Form
Please fill out the survey below to help our district make better-informed decisions about on-campus and virtual learning options for the upcoming school year.
We look forward to seeing all of our students on campus in the fall. However, we understand that our parents need to make important decisions moving forward. If you feel that virtual learning is the best avenue for your student(s), we will provide our students with a digital learning platform that is rigorous and addresses your student(s)' learning needs. In addition, we are currently planning an on-site learning option, which would blend in-person and digital learning as we navigate through the current pandemic and state guidelines.
More details for what both on-campus and virtual instruction will look like will be released before school starts. This survey is to help our administrators and staff plan for the coming year.
Before taking the survey below, please consider the following:
1. A virtual learning avenue may not be the best option for some students. Virtual students ideally should be self-motivated, good time managers, technologically-advanced, and academically on track. Students who struggle with any of these should consider the on-campus avenue.
2. Students who are not on grade level, need professional interventions, or special services may elect to participate in virtual but are best served by an on-campus school environment.
3. Efficient home internet is necessary for your child to have a successful virtual education. While quality internet is best provided by our families in the home, the district will have several virtual hubs positioned throughout the district for use.
4. Students who enroll in the virtual option should be prepared to commit to the program for at least one semester at a time. A two week trial period for all students will be given from August 24-September 4.
5. If your child chooses to participate in any extra-curricular activities and choose the virtual learning avenue, no transportation will be provided by the district.
6. Regardless of the option you choose, breakfast and lunch will be available to students in our district. Details for virtual breakfast and lunch pick-ups will be forthcoming. No meals will be delivered for students who choose the virtual learning option.
Please complete one survey per child.
Name of Child (First and Last Name)
Name of Guardian(s) (First and Last Name)
Summer Contact Number
Learning Option for the FALL 20-21 semester
Since social distancing on school buses can be difficult, we encourage parents who are able to provide transportation during the current state guidelines. We will be providing transportation, but bus riders in grades K-12 must wear a mask. The district will also follow any additional ADH and DESE guidelines. Do you plan to use school transportation?
If you are choosing the virtual option, do you have internet access?
If you are choosing the on-campus option, do you have internet access?
What is your home address?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Riverview School District.