Fire and Flood: Organize a Screening
Thank you for your interest in organizing a sneak-peek screening for Fire and Flood: Queer Resilience in the era of Climate Change!
*SEPTEMBER 20th, 2019 - OCTOBER 8th, 2019*
This fall 2019, we will be releasing the next round of sneak-peek screenings to commemorate the two-year anniversary of the two climate disasters shared in this film and celebrate our LGBTQ history of resilience. From September 20th, when Hurricane Maria made landfall in Puerto Rico, until October 8th, when the Tubbs fire burned through sections of Santa Rosa in Northern California- we welcome you to gather community together to watch this sneak-peek and hold conversations. We also welcome screenings celebrating LGBTQ History Month in October.
What do you mean by a "sneak-peek"?
This film is still in production! But as director, I am committed to vulnerably sharing this draft cut of the film at this mid-way point in development. The situation that we are in is urgent: climate change is already upon us, not just an existential threat of the future. It is important to stimulate these discussions about vulnerability in the LGBTQ community and uplift solutions. For this reason, I am committed to get this material out there faster than what a typical documentary production cycle can manage.
What can I expect in this draft?
You can expect a powerful and engaging 90min storyline full of brilliant, insightful interviews with over 20 queer and trans people recounting their stories of disaster and resilience. There will be alternating English-Spanish captions, to make it accessible to a bilingual audience (Note that because of this choice, there is not yet an option to have mono-lingual closed captions for the hearing impaired - we are working on a strategy for this for future screenings). Please be aware that this is still a draft! There will be some b-roll layered over the interviews, but not nearly as much as we still have to process. Final editing, color correcting, and sound editing, are all still to come.
Bottomline: What you can expect is a great set of stories that you can use to gather your community and launch some impactful conversations about disaster preparedness and climate justice.
Sign up here to book a sneak-peek screening.
Suggested Donations for Screenings:
This is a grassroots film project, offered for screenings on a sliding-scale donation basis. Donations for screenings of this film support the filmmaker and production team (50%), and support LGBTQ organizations in Puerto Rico and two-spirit organizers in CA (50%).
"Pass the Hat"
* If this film would help support your local organizing efforts but funding is a barrier, please select "pass the hat". Also choose this level if you want to organize a neighborhood screening in your community, but cannot give an upfront donation.
* Comes with: Screening code & discussion guide. Indigenous-led and QTPOC-led organizations and community groups can also request the customized video introduction and/or live online Q&A with filmmaker with the "pass the hat" level.
$100 - Grassroots Community
* Suggested donation for: low-budget & no-budget grassroots organizations, house screenings
* Comes with: Screening code & discussion guide
$200 - Somewhat-Funded Organizations
* Suggested donation for: community or campus LGBTQ centers, non-profits with 2 or fewer staff, groups with dedicated funding for community events
* Comes with: Screening code, discussion guide, and customized video introduction thanking your organization and/or highlighting a local campaign
$500 - Well-Funded Organizations
* Suggested donation for: non-profits with more than 2 staff, academic departments at colleges and universities, groups with dedicated funding for film screenings
* Comes with: Screening code, discussion guide, video intro, and live online Q&A with filmmaker
(in-person Q&As can be arranged with additional travel funding)
Your Name (First & Last)
Phone Number (for corresponding about the screening)
What kind of screening are your planning?
Public screening (Such as: Screened at a public venue, advertised openly, anyone can attend, publicized online)
Private house screening / neighborhood watch party
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service