Fire and Flood: Organize a Screening
Thank you for your interest in organizing a sneak-peek screening for Fire and Flood: Queer Resilience in the era of Climate Change! You can use the text box below to request a screening. Please give as much information as possible, and I will follow-up to let you know if I can accommodate your request.
This fall of 2019, we released a Sneak-Peek of the still-in-production film to honor the 2-year anniversary of these disasters. We are currently working on edits based on feedback and additional production due to the Kincade fire in CA of this fall.
We are aiming towards the next sneak-peek release for the 50th Anniversary of Earth Day in April, 2020.
* What do you mean by a "sneak-peek"? *
This film is still in production! But as director, I am committed to vulnerably sharing draft cuts of the film. The situation that we are in is urgent: climate change is already upon us, not just an existential threat of the future. It is important to stimulate these discussions about vulnerability in the LGBTQ community and uplift solutions.
* What can I expect in the next draft? *
You can expect a powerful and engaging 90min storyline full of brilliant, insightful interviews with over 20 queer and trans people recounting their stories of disaster and resilience that you can use to gather your community and launch some impactful conversations about disaster preparedness and climate justice. There will be alternating English/Spanish subtitles (We aim to offer Monolingual subtitles for the hearing-impaired by April 2020).
* Suggested Donations for Screenings *
This is a grassroots film project, offered for screenings on a sliding-scale donation basis. Donations for screenings of this film support the filmmaker and production team (50%), and support LGBTQ organizations in Puerto Rico and two-spirit organizers in CA (50%).
"Pass the Hat"
* If this film would help support your local organizing efforts but funding is a barrier, please select "pass the hat". Also choose this level if you want to organize a neighborhood screening in your community, but cannot give an upfront donation.
* Comes with: Screening code & discussion guide. Indigenous-led and QTPOC-led organizations and community groups can also request the customized video introduction and/or live online Q&A with filmmaker with the "pass the hat" level.
$100 - Grassroots Community
* Suggested donation for: low-budget & no-budget grassroots organizations, house screenings
* Comes with: Screening code & discussion guide
$200 - Somewhat-Funded Organizations
* Suggested donation for: community or campus LGBTQ centers, non-profits with 2 or fewer staff, groups with dedicated funding for community events
* Comes with: Screening code, discussion guide, and customized video introduction thanking your organization and/or highlighting a local campaign
$500 - Well-Funded Organizations
* Suggested donation for: non-profits with more than 2 staff, academic departments at colleges and universities, groups with dedicated funding for film screenings
* Comes with: Screening code, discussion guide, video intro, and live online Q&A with filmmaker
(in-person Q&As can be arranged with additional travel funding)
Use the text box below to request a screening. Please give as much information as possible, and I will follow-up to let you know if I can accommodate your request.
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service