Awesome Birth Services - Birth Doula Opening
Thank you for your interest in joining the Awesome Birth Team!
We are looking for passionate, well informed, responsible and reliable doulas to join our team, supporting families primarily in the Whiterock, Surrey and Langley Areas of the Fraser Valley. Please complete the form below to let us know a bit more about you.
Applications close on May 15, 2020. The shortlisted applicants will be contacted by mid-April to schedule an in person interview, with the goal to start working together in June 2020.
Role Of The Birth Doula
A doula is experienced in childbirth and provides the pregnant person and her family with continuous educational, physical and emotional support before, during, and after the birth of the baby.
A birth doula:
- Is trained in the physiology of birth and the emotional needs of a person in labour.
- Assists the birther and her partner in identifying and carrying out their plans for the birth.
- Stays with the birther throughout her labour and delivery, utilizing non-medical comfort techniques.
- Facilitates communication between the birther, her partner, and her clinical care providers.
- Works together with the partner to provide support at home and hospital births.
- Attend all consultation requests sent to you
- Ability to attend 1-4 births per month (as per your availability– work may not be consistent), which includes 2-3 prenatal visits, phone and email contact with clients, attending the birth, and 1 postpartum visit per birth client.
- Attend one prenatal visit through Facetime when working as a back up doula
- Acting as a back-up doula for the other Awesome Birth doulas. In turn, the other doulas will act as a back-up for you.
The successful candidate will have:
- Doula training completed.
- Experience attending birth is an asset.
- Access to reliable transportation and a cell phone
- Access to a computer and email account (email address to be provided by Awesome Birth)
- Current Infant & Child CPR (or willing to obtain ASAP)
- Criminal record check
- Doula Liability Insurance (or willing to obtain ASAP)
- Ability to attend networking events when required.
- The candidate ideally lives in Surrey or Langley for quick access to our clients.
Rate Of Pay:
The payment set up will be discussed with the successful candidates. We provide competitive payment. As the doula will be working as a contractor, there are no extended benefits included in this position.
If you feel you could be a good fit, please complete the application form below.