Alchemie is an Ed Tech company that is very excited to be building new accessible learning technology for chemistry! Through a Department of Education grant we are combining web-based digital interactives with physical manipulatives and audio-based Augmented Reality.
To learn more about the system, called Kasi, you can watch this YouTube video https://youtu.be/K-3A9VP5CRw
During our research and development of this novel learning tool, we are focusing on making sure it works for students who are blind or visually impaired (BVI). The development process is iterative and relies on authentic feedback from potential end users to improve functionality. We plan to conduct four types of studies:
1) Usability - How well does Kasi work?
2) Feasibility - How well can Kasi be implemented in a class?
3) Pilot - Does use of Kasi lead to improved outcomes?
4) Feedback - What do chemistry teachers most want?
If you are:
- A teacher of the blind or visually impaired (TBVI)
- A chemistry instructor
- A BVI young adult
- Someone passionate about making learning tools accessible
We would LOVE to hear from you!
Please fill out the form below to be added to our list of interested supporters.
Direct questions to Julia Winter, email@example.com
Thanks so much!