2020 Edina Girls Fastpitch Association 28th Annual Mayfly Tournament by Southdale Pediatric Associates and Dermatology Specialists
Edina Mayfly Tournament Registration Form - Tournament Dates: May 9-10, 2020 - Level of Play: A & B - USA MONSTA & NAFA National Qualifier.
Please enter your team name as you would like it to appear on the pool/bracket play:
Which age group are you registering for (please select)?
10U is currently open
12U is currently open
Head Coach/Main Contact (enter name):
Assistant Coach/Secondary Contact (enter name):
Please rate your team (These ratings will be used to assist in seeding tournaments):
Highly Competitive - Two or More STRONG Pitchers Solid Defensive Skills AND Solid Offensive Skills. Expect to be in Regional or National Competition.
Very Competitive - One or More STRONG Pitcher(s) Solid Defensive Skills AND Solid Offensive Skills. Expect to be in A-State or Regional Competition.
Competitive - At least one STRONG Pitcher Average to Good Defensive Skills AND Offensive Skills. Expect to be in A or B State Competition.
Learning - Pitching is Average to Weak, Team is learning Defensive Skills AND Offensive Skills. No expectations for qualifying for State Tournaments.
Additional Comments (please enter here):
Cost: $350 (Balls provided, Pool Play to Single Elimination Brackets, 4 Game Guarantee, 70 Minute Games/Fenced Fields).
Location: Pamela and Van Valkenburg Fields in Edina (Fields will be fenced at 200’).
Amenities: Restrooms with Running Water, Water Provided at Every Field, Concession Stand, WiFi at Pamela.
NOTE: PLEASE CONFIRM YOUR TEAM IS REGISTERED ON THE JOSOFTBALL AND BRING A SIGNED COPY TO TOURNAMENT CHECK IN.
NOTE: PLEASE SEE TOURNAMENT RULES FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AND VIEW WEBSITE FOR UPDATES.
Mail Completed Registration and Check in the Amount of $350 (Payable to EGFA) to:
Attn: Jon Nymo, Treasurer
Edina Girls Fastpitch Association
5301 Whiting Ave
Edina, MN 55439
Waiver of Liability:
In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in the Edina Girls Fastpitch Association tournament, the undersigned acknowledges, appreciates, and agrees that:
1. The risk of injury from the activities involved in the program is significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce the risk, the risk of serious injury does exist; and,
2. I knowingly and freely assume all such risks, both known and unknown, even if arising from the negligence of the releasees or others, and assume all full responsibility for my participation; and,
3. I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If however I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately; and,
4. I, for myself and on behalf of my team, association, heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, hereby release and hold harmless the Edina Girls Fastpitch Association, their officers, officials agents and/or employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and the City of Edina lessors of premises used to conduct the event (“releasees”), with Respect to any and all injury, disability, death, or loss or damage to person or property, whether arising from the negligence of the releasees or otherwise. I have read this release of liability and assumption of risk agreement, fully understand its terms, understand that I have given up substantial rights by signing it, and sign it freely and voluntarily without any inducement.
I have read, understand and agree to comply with the Waiver of Liability as outlined above.
Mayfly Coaches' Code of Conduct
Youth sports programs play an important role in promoting the physical, social and emotional development of children. It is therefore essential for parents and coaches to encourage youth athletes to embrace the values of good sportsmanship. Moreover, coaches involved in youth sports events should be models of good sportsmanship and should lead by example by demonstrating fairness, respect and self-control.
The head coach is the leader and responsible party for the young players and other coaches, as well as a representative of the community they call home.
I therefore pledge to be responsible for my words and actions while attending, or coaching at the Edina Mayfly Tournament and shall conform my behavior to the following Code of Conduct:
1. I will not engage in unsportsmanlike conduct with any coach, parent, player, participant, official or any other attendee.
2. I will not encourage my child, any other child, or any other person, to engage in unsportsmanlike conduct with any coach, parent, player, participant, official or any other attendee.
3. I will place the emotional and physical well being of my players ahead of a personal desire to win.
4. I will do my best to provide a safe playing situation for my players.
5. I will remember that I am a youth sports coach, and that the game is for children and not adults.
6. I will not engage in any behavior which would endanger the health, safety or well-being of any coach, parent, player, participant, official or any other attendee.
7. I will not encourage my child, any other child or any other person, to engage in any behavior which would endanger the health, safety or well being of any coach, parent, player, participant, official or any other attendee.
8. I will not use drugs, tobacco or alcohol while at a youth sports event and will not attend, coach, officiate or participate in a youth sports event while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
9. I will not engage in the use of profanity.
10. I will not encourage my child, any other child or any other person, to engage in the use of profanity.
11. I will not engage in verbal or physical threats or abuse aimed at any coach, parent, player, participant, official or any other attendee.
12. I will not encourage my child, any other child or any other person, to engage in verbal or physical threats or abuse aimed at any coach, parent, player, participant, official or any other attendee.
13. I will not initiate a fight or scuffle with any coach, parent, player, participant, official or any other attendee.
14. I will not encourage my child, any other child or any other person, to initiate a fight or scuffle with any coach, parent, player, participant, official or any other attendee.
15. I will accept the decision of the umpire on the field or use acceptable means to settle a dispute via conversation with an on site tournament director.
16. I accept responsibility in controlling unsportsmanlike behavior by family members and other attending fans of my team members.
17. I understand that if an unruly family member or other attending fan of my team member is not brought under control, my team will face the sanction to be determined by the officiating umpire.
I hereby agree that if I fail to conform my conduct to the foregoing while attending or coaching during the Edina Mayfly Tournament, I will be subject to disciplinary action, including, but not limited to the following in any order or combination:
1. A verbal warning issued by a representative of the tournament, the tournament director, City staff member or umpire.
2. Forfeiture of the game in progress and immediate team dismissal from the tournament.
3. Immediate dismissal from coaching duties.
4. Immediate dismissal from coaching duties and from the Edina Mayfly Tournament.
I have read, understand and agree to comply with the Mayfly Coaches' Code of Conduct as outlined above.
Thank you! We look forward to a fun competitive tournament!
Please print and mail with your payment. If you should have any questions please contact: Mayfly Tournament Director, Mike Rohlfsen at
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service