Section 1. Scholarship Information
Philippine Nurses Association of America—Oregon & Washington Chapter
The Jaime Lim and Dory Osilla-Lim Academic Scholarship 2020-21
Application Deadline: May 1, 2020
To provide financial assistance to a qualified nursing student of Filipino descent who are currently enrolled in a pre-licensure nursing program in Oregon or Washington State and are preparing for a career as a registered nurse.
To celebrate and acknowledge emerging student nurse leaders who are committed to giving back to their community while promoting unity, fellowship and excellent care.
Types of Scholarship Available & Eligibility Criteria
For academic year 2020-2021, one scholarship is available. The Jaime Lim and Dory Osilla-Lim Academic Scholarship of $1000 is available. To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
1. Currently accepted or enrolled in an approved and accredited pre-licensure nursing program (ADN or BSN) in Oregon or Washington State.
2. Of Filipino descent.
3. Currently resides in Oregon or Washington State and has been a resident of either state for at least one year.
4. If the applicant receives the scholarship, they will become an auxiliary member of Philippine Nurses Association of America—Oregon & Washington (PNAOW) chapter after October 1, 2020. Membership dues will be covered by PNAOW.
5. The selected scholarship recipient must attend the PNAOW Masquerade Ball in Portland, OR scheduled for September 19, 2020 at the Embassy Suites Hotel Portland Airport to be honored at the event and meet the scholarship donors. Note: a small travel stipend may be provided to the awardee depending on circumstances. The travel stipend will not exceed $100.
1. The PNAOW Scholarship Committee will select scholarship recipients. All information will be held in strict confidence.
2. This Scholarship is a one-time award.
3. Scholarship recipients will be notified by email and will be acknowledged at our biennial Masquerade Ball scheduled on September 19, 2020 at Embassy Suites Hotel Portland Airport in Portland, OR. The awardee will receive two (2) complimentary tickets to the event and is expected to attend the event. The awardee will be acknowledged on our social media and website. Note: a small travel stipend may be provided to the awardee depending on circumstances. The travel stipend will not exceed $100.
4. Awards will be paid by PNAOW directly to the school of nursing attended by the recipient for application to the student’s account.
Questions or need more information? Please refer to the PNAOW Scholarship FAQs document found at
under "Events" then "Scholarship" and click the "download forms" link.
If your question is not answered in the FAQs, please email
for more information.
Page 1 of 6
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service