Sustainable Blue Backyard Sand Sculpture Contest
Thank you for registering for the Sustainable Blue Backyard Sand Sculpture Contest. This event is part of Conservation Week 2019. We wish you lots of luck and can't wait to see your marine-themed sand creation!
Contestants are to check in and register the day of the event prior to beginning work. Contestant will receive participant sign to be staked in work area. Contestants should draw some boundaries on their working area probably near the water (above high tide line).
1) Have fun. Anything goes, you don’t need to be a pro to enter. This contest is for everyone.
2) Sand sculpture is to be made from sand and water only.
3) Hand tools (spades, rakes, trowels, spools, blunt knives etc) and buckets only. No mechanical tools may be used in building or carving sculpture. Sprayers to keep sand moist are acceptable. Forms and aids may be used for construction but must be removed before final judging.
4) Only objects found naturally on the beach may be used in the sculpture. “Foreign” objects found on beach may not be used. No added colours, props, objects etc.
5) Open to any age for individuals or teams. There are prizes for individuals and prizes for teams.
6) Any materials brought to the beach must be removed after contest. Please help keep Waihi Beach clean.
The final judging will occur from 12:00 pm. Sculpture will be judged from one “viewable” side (back of sculpture need not be carved or finished). Viewable side established by contestant (indicated by location of participant sign).
Are you entering in the individual or team category?
List the name(s) of contestant(s)
Main contact number
Name of sculpture
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Envirohub BOP.
Terms of Service