Designregio Kortrijk provides for the selected Designers in Residence Kortrijk:
- accommodation- usage of Budalab Open Makerspace & Bolwerk Workspace- experts in several domains and support of Designregio Kortrijk- one-time travel expenses
Spaces that heal. In-store shows. Hospitality in hospitals.Designregio Kortrijk invites 3 young designers to develop an experimental concept for the future of spaces, through confrontation between citizens, society, entrepreneurs and education in regions such as Kortrijk.
The compactness of this region is both a benefit and a challenge.
During the Biennale Interieur from 18 to 22 October 2018 the Designers in Residence Kortrijk will get the opportunity to show their research and on-going progress to an international audience.
2. As part of your research, during the residency, you will get into a dialogue with several regional projects from an international perspective as design experts: - you will challenge and influence, - you will connect people and places, - you will gather and disseminate.
We are a joint venture of 5 regional organisations, with whom you will work closely together. This will allow you as a designer to connect with the local community (city of Kortrijk), local producers and maker industry (Voka West-Flanders & Interieur Foundation), urban planners and developers (Leiedal) and innovative education (Howest). At the same time, the Buda Island is the focal point for a fascinating community of creative individuals, companies, cultural organizations, creative teaching as well as end-users. The aim is to connect with the local maker industry, largely embedded in the region and local producers in a contemporary way.
- The Budafabriek (https://www.dezeen.com/2013/03/24/buda-art-centre-by-51n4e/), Budalab Open Makerspace (https://www.budalab.be) & Bolwerk (http://www.bolwerk.be/) are the inspirational locations in Kortrijk (Belgium) where you will create, work and live.
- The Kortrijk region (Belgium) is a strong player in the economically blooming largest European inter-regional Eurometropolis (http://www.eurometropolis.eu) and can be exemplified by large companies such as Barco (http://barco.com) , Bekaert (http://www.bekaert.com/), Unilin (http://www.unilin.com), Vandewiele (http://www.vandewiele.com), as well as a large number of family owned SME’s with an international outlook such as Skyline (https://skyline.be), Delta Light (https://www.deltalight.com), Renson (http://www.renson.be), Casalis (http://www.casalis.be), Obumex (http://www.obumex.be), Curana (http://www.curana.com/) and many more.
- University College HOWEST (http://www.howest.be) & their Industrial Design Center is an open knowledge center and a communication platform between the industry and the education, research and development programs of the Howest and Ghent University in Kortrijk. Digital Arts & Entertainment and Devine - Digital Design and Development are, amongst others, two of their state of the art education programs.
1. recently graduated (minimum level: master)2. team player3. manual skills (conceptual, handy, production, fabrication)4. an international outlook
Check our general terms and conditionshttp://designregio-kortrijk.be/inspireren/designers-residence-kortrijk-terms-and-conditions/
!!! Completed applications must be submitted to Designregio Kortrijk before Friday 1 June 2018, 9:00 CET. Applications received after this deadline will not be accepted.