MoCADA Artists in Schools 2021 @ Elijah G. Stroud
Dear Parent / Guardian:
We are happy to invite your child to participate in this year’s Artists in Schools, a free after school arts program presented by the Museum of Contemporary African Diasporan Arts (
) working in partnership with P.S. 316 Elijah G. Stroud School.
Now in its 18th year, Artists in Schools offers students an opportunity to explore different art forms from the African Diaspora via in class workshops and field trips to art spaces around New York City (virtually). As they build awareness of and appreciation for art, students will create their own, which will be exhibited at MoCADA in our annual student-led virtual exhibition set to open to the public this summer. (Example of our virtual exhibition:
MoCADA Artists in Schools 2021 @ Elijah G. Stroud, classes will:
- Begin February 1, 2021 through and end June 23, 2021
- Meet every Tuesday and Friday from 3:30PM–5:30PM
- Focus on the theme: "I AM" / Afrofuturism
- Host a student led virtual exhibition set to open on Thursday, July 1, 2021
- The introductory courses offered include Collaging / Painting by visual artist Kimberly Becoat (on Tuesdays) and Creative Writing / Storytelling by literary historian Ola Ronke (on Fridays).
- Every student will attend both classes for the duration of the program, which will be accessible by Zoom / Google Classrooms. Details will be shared after your registration is complete.
- Additional resources may be needed for the class in terms of art supplies and / or books, which will be supplied by MoCADA after registration for the program is completed.
In order for each child to participate, we will need a signed permission form from their parent/guardian. Please fill out this form below by Wednesday, January 27, 2021 at 10pm EST to enroll your child today.
To learn more about MoCADA youth programs including Artists in Schools, please visit
. If you would like to contact MoCADA direction about any of these programs, please email us at
Please provide your name in the space below.
What is your relationship to the child(ren) you are enrolling in MoCADA's Artists in Schools program?
For each child that will be participating, please provide: FULL NAME / AGE / GRADE
Please provide an emergency contact name and phone number.
Please provide the best delivery address for your child(ren)'s art supplies.
"I give my child(ren) as listed above permission to participate in MoCADA's Artists in Schools program, a free after school arts activity hosted by P.S. 316. I commit to supporting my child(ren)’s participation in the program every week through June 2021 by ensuring that they will miss no more than 6 classes." If you agree with this statement, please type your full name below.
Page 1 of 1
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Museum of Contemporary African Diasporan Art.