2019 TAVA INNOVATION AWARD
The Toronto Association for Volunteer Administration (TAVA) annual Innovation Award recognizes a TAVA member who has advanced the volunteer engagement sector by addressing a challenge in an innovative way.
The TAVA Executive is seeking nominees who meet the criteria below. Nominate a colleague today who deserves special recognition!
If you have any questions about the guidelines or submitting an application, please get in touch with Norah O’Donnell, TAVA Awards & Bursary Chair at
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS WEDNESDAY, MAY 15, 2019.
Award recipient will be informed by June 3.
Award will be presented at 2019 TAVA AGM on June 13.
In selecting the TAVA Innovative Award recipient, the following criteria will be considered and may be described or expanded upon in the application form.
VISIONARY | Individual addresses a challenge in the volunteer engagement sector or in their work as a volunteer engagement professional. Actions are perceived as influential, and they question, observe, network, and experiment beyond the obvious.
LEADERSHIP | Individual fosters innovation by creating conditions that enable their team, community or other professionals in the sector to challenge and/or create unique systems, programs or policies.
IMPACT | Individual develops, advances, or uses innovative volunteer engagement practices to meet the needs of the sector and/or moves the field of volunteer engagement forward. There may be a measurable benefit.
• Nominees must be a TAVA member in good standing (i.e. current membership fees paid in full by April 30, 2019).
• We welcome nominations from individuals who are not TAVA members.
• The TAVA Innovation Award Winner from the previous year (2018) and current Members of the TAVA Executive Committee are not eligible for nomination.
• Self-nominations are not considered.
• Posthumous nominations are not accepted.
• Nominators must not be immediate relatives of the nominee.
Prior to nomination, we encourage you to inform the nominee of your intentions.
Each application will be assessed and award recipient will be selected by the TAVA Awards & Bursary Chair in consultation with the TAVA Executive Committee. One successful nominee will be awarded the 2019 TAVA Innovation Award.
The TAVA Awards & Bursary Chair will contact the successful nominee, their nominator, and their organization/ supervisor by June 3, 2019.
The recipient will be publicly announced and acknowledged at the TAVA Annual General Meeting on June 13, 2019. Their name and photograph will appear on
and TAVA social media channels.
The Awards & Bursary Chair retains the right to refrain from selecting an Innovation Award recipient in years where nominations do not meet standards determined by the Executive Committee.
Nominations will be accepted using the online application form. Additional material that supports the nomination (letters of support, newspaper articles, annual reports, photographs, etc.) can be sent by email to Norah O’Donnell, TAVA Awards & Bursary Chair at
The successful recipient will receive:
• Complimentary TAVA membership for the 2019-2020 year.
• A personal letter of congratulations sent to the recipient’s organization to inform them of the achievement.
• $50 donation to the charity of award recipient’s choice.
Page 1 of 3
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service