Please carefully read through the following abridged rules and regulations of the MUCG library and as part of the registration requirement, you must sign this undertaking that you will abide by the rules and regulations, before you proceed to complete the registration form.
Further details on the library use, guidelines and policies of the library can be obtained in the library User’s Manual which is available on the University website http://www.mucg.edu.gh/library/library_user_manual.pdf
ABRIDGED RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. The Library is normally open to only registered members of the Methodist University College Ghana. It shall therefore, be an offence to bring a Non-MUCG student /user into the library without the permission of the Librarian.
2. You may be required to show your ID card at the security check point before being admitted into the library and at the circulation desks and other sections of the Library.
3. Undergraduates are allowed to borrow a maximum of two books for a period of two weeks while postgraduates could borrow two books for a period of three weeks. Books borrowed can be renewed provided there is no request for these books.
4. The library reserves the right to recall borrowed books. Books recalled, must be returned within seventy-two (72) hours.
5. Fines will be imposed for the late return of library books/materials. This will be calculated at the rate of fifty Ghana pesewas (GH¢0.50p) per day up to seven days and thereafter one Ghana cedi (GH¢1.00) per day plus a loss of borrowing rights until the library material is returned. The fines are subject to periodic review by the Library Committee.
6. Mutilating of Library materials shall attract suspension for a semester as well as replacing the item with three copies.
7. Stealing shall attract a suspension for a semester and the case reported to the University authority for further action.
8. Individuals who damage or misplace a book / material shall be charged three times the current cost of the book / material.
9. Silence is to be observed at all times in the library.
10. Eating/drinking in any part of the library is strictly prohibited. This includes toffees, fruits, candies, drinks etc.
11. Personal items should be deposited with the library security check point at the entrance of the library and a tag collected as receipt. Materials so deposited are done at the owner's risk and the library cannot be held responsible for the loss of or damage to any item so deposited. The library staff at the security post has authority to inspect any material being taken out of the library.
12. The use of mobile phones and other electronic gadgets in the library is strictly prohibited. You are required to switch off your mobile phone or put it on silence.
13. Displaying of posters in the library and its precincts is prohibited except at designated areas with the permission of the Librarian.
14. No seat shall be reserved by or for any reader. Any seat so reserved shall be cleared by the library staff for use by others.
15. The laws governing copyright should be observed when making request for photocopy.
16. All books and other materials borrowed from the library must be returned by the last day of each semester. Failure to do this may result in examination results being withheld until the material(s) are returned.
17. The other rules and regulations in the library manual for users are applicable