Imperialism Advanced Organizer Submission Form
Your LAST Name
Your FIRST Name
Your class period
1. Which of the following best describes a policy of extending the control or authority over foreign entities as a means of acquisition and/or maintenance of empires, either through direct territorial or through indirect methods of exerting control on the politics and/or economy of other countries. The term is used by some to describe the policy of a country in maintaining colonies and dominance over distant lands, regardless of whether the country calls itself an empire.
2. An example of "old Imperialism" would be which of the following?
setting up colonies for settlement in the Americas
setting up trading posts in Africa
looking for a trade route to Asia
all of these
3. Which of the following were invented during the Second Industrial Revolution?
internal combustion engines
all of these
4. "The sun never set" on which of the following empires?
5. New imperialism was a competition between industrialized nations for which of the following?
resources to fuel industry
to spread communism
to better education people around the world
6. A military reason for new imperialism included which of the following?
forward air bases for strategic bombing
coaling stations for naval vessels
forward operating bases for special forces
room for ICBM silos
7. Industrialized nations had which of the following advantages over non industrialized nations?
a knowledge of the land
a connection to the culture
8. Using the map above, which European power controlled central Africa during the Age of Imperialism?
9. Using the map above, which European power controlled large parts of west Africa during the Age of Imperialism?
10. Using the map above, which European power controlled India during the Age of Imperialism?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service